Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This woman yelled at me when we were at the pool today because

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 268 Replies
1 mom liked this

I didn't feed her kids. It was me, my best friend, her 3 kids and my 3. We have a neighborhood pool and we go several times a week. We decided we would order pizza for lunch and have it delivered pool side (yes, you can eat at the pool, they have table and everything, you just can't eat IN the pool). For the 8 of us, we order 2 large pizzas. When the pizza got there, we called our kids over to eat but 2 other kids came up too. I said to them "we are going to eat, the kids will be back in a minute". They said "can we eat with you". I didn't know what to say, I have seen these kids but I didn't know their parents plus we didn't really order enough. Since we go several times  a week, I really don't want to get the reputation of the mom who feeds everyone.  Their mom wasn't there (which is BTW against the pool rules, you have to be over 12 to go without a parent, these kids were both 8-10 years old) so I just said we are all here together and we ordered together. I said "if you are hungry, why not go home and eat lunch and then by the time you come back, our kids will be done".

They went home and 15 minutes later, they came up with their mom, she marched straight over to us and started yelling about how selfish we are that we couldn't spare a couple slices for her children. First of all, I reminded her that her kids shouldn't have been there alone anyway but then I told her that since I didn't know her I didn't think it was a good idea plus, we didn't order extra, we had what we needed for us and our kids.

She knew she couldn't say anything so she just said "selfish bitch" and walked away.

I feel bad for the kids but I hate parents with the attitude that everyone else should take care of their kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

poohbearkfc
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
22 moms liked this
I agree with what you did. I woildnt have feed her children ither not knowing if the children were allergic to anything.
chane_L
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
22 moms liked this

ugh....you were nicer than i would have been. No way in hell i'm willing to feed unknown kids (with my luck they would have a severe allergy)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Ugh, entitled kid syndrome.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
9 moms liked this

Some people really have such an entitled attitude. It's not your responsibility to feed every  kid in the neighborhood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I would've done the same as you.

You don't know if they had food allergies or anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm so glad I've never encountered a crazy nut job parent like this! But my DD is only 5 so I'm sure my time will come. This lady can take the time out of her day to bring her kids back to the pool to yell at another mom because her kids weren't fed? She should have used that time to make her kids a sandwich instead!
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you did the right thing. 

And who cares if you're being selfish?  That's a last ditch effort of the irresponsible to flip blame. 

tardistraveller
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM
5 moms liked this

lol I don't understand parents like her, I would have just laughed at her and told her her kids are not my responsiblilty, why the hell should you feed random kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured