Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Looking at a Dodge Neon..... any input?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 49 Replies

I'm looking for a used car for my son. There is't a whole lot to look at in his price range so the choices are limited.  I've found a few Dodge Neons and looked up their reliability ratings online.  It seems people really like this car but my concern is that they don't make the car anymore.  If you have a Neon can you tell me if parts are hard to find?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I wouldn't. But.. go for it. There's tens of thousands of them in junk yards for parts
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I personally would not buy a dodge. Have you looked on www.edmunds.com for any info?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You should look at Hondas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I loved my neon! Parts aren't hard to find and they're relatively cheap. Used can be a little scary because you don't know how they were treated but they run forever.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
By the way. . They don't make ANY "used" car anymore.

LOL
ohmybaby
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM

There are tens of thousands of other cars too.  I doubt they predominate the junk yards.  Did you have a Neon or a dodge?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I wouldn't. But.. go for it. There's tens of thousands of them in junk yards for parts

ChessyLatta
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I have a Neon & it's awesome! It's an older 2003 too! Parts are really cheap and easy to find. Good car!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I've had mine for 9 years the only part I've ever had to replace was a starter and that was just 4 months ago.  No the parts aren't hard to find!  Its been a great reliable car!

StephanAndCoral
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM
I had a 2002 dodge neon and I LOVED that car and would still have it if it wasn't totaled in my accident. Matter of fact I looked for another neon to replace it but the van I got was better for me.
ajrjj05
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Dodge, need I say more..

My Dodge van sucked!

Yup stay away!!!

Go with a small Chevy Cavalier or Toyota Camry 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)