Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

public pools? might as well swim in the toilet!!!

I do t care where u live or where you go...to me a public pool is a cess pool of everyone's funk. I can't get excited about my kids swimming in a pool where tons of people have swam. who knows when the last time anyone showered? or if someone has some nasty skin infection, or who is on the rag? and don't even get me started on the rest rooms!! freaking GRRRRROSSSSSSSSS
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Ever taken care of a pool? Its NOT easy and they sanatize the hell out of them.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM
And lakes, rivers, and oceans are filled with poop, pee, sperm, rotting animals and humans.. etc. So is your every day water btw..... and you drink it too but say its alright cuz you put chemicals in it and filtered it.
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We have our own pool. For some reason, public pools gross me out but not lakes and oceans. Weird, I know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Does anyone else remember the body found in the public pool a couple of years ago? It had been in the pool 2 or 3 days.

LovelyMommy24
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I hear you there.

MamaBurmie
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM
That's why there is chemicals in the water.
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Chlorine.

LovelyMommy24
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Does anyone else remember the body found in the public pool a couple of years ago? It had been in the pool 2 or 3 days.

What!?! Oh my God, that's disgusting!
Rlmama00
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Ew. Stop. I am sitting poolside right now. Ahhhh.
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
You know that's exactly the same, water-cleanliness-wise, as a public pool, right? Lol

Quoting CountryStrong84:

I like splash parks better. we have a few here and it's always more fun than I think any pool would be.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I agree. A tampon may keep chunks of period blood from floating off and a swim diaper may contain poop, but the water still is mixing with the period blood, the poop, the pee, the semen, the vaginal discharge, the nose snot, the spit... ugh. Going to go vomit now.

Pools are so nasty. We still go swimming though :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)