Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

public pools? might as well swim in the toilet!!!

I do t care where u live or where you go...to me a public pool is a cess pool of everyone's funk. I can't get excited about my kids swimming in a pool where tons of people have swam. who knows when the last time anyone showered? or if someone has some nasty skin infection, or who is on the rag? and don't even get me started on the rest rooms!! freaking GRRRRROSSSSSSSSS
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I'm all with you on that, it grosses me out. We swim in a lake............lol is that much better?

TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Doesn't bug me.
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:58 PM
why does everyone keep saying the ocean? is there some line I can't see that I wrote that I go to the ocean??? or lake??
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

So disagree Chlorine kills any bacteria.  I would much rather a pool than a lake or ocean. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay so you punish your kids and do no swimming in the summer because of your insecurities.  Got it. 

Quoting CountryStrong84:

why does everyone keep saying the ocean? is there some line I can't see that I wrote that I go to the ocean??? or lake??

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM
punish them?? LMAOOOOOOOO. I have friends who have private pools. we go there or play in the sprinkler or baby pool in the back yard.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Okay so you punish your kids and do no swimming in the summer because of your insecurities.  Got it. 

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM

yup us too. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I swim in a lake
It has all that plus turtle, fish and duck pee and poop

AnnieGoolaheey
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Just came from the pool.  It's cool, I can shower. 

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM
bump
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Those are actually far more unhealthy and full of germs than public pools that use chlorine and must adhere to strict guidelines with water that is constantly tested.

Quoting CountryStrong84:

punish them?? LMAOOOOOOOO. I have friends who have private pools. we go there or play in the sprinkler or baby pool in the back yard.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Quoting CountryStrong84:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured