Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm trying to lose weight. And failing miserably. So I'm thinking about being pro ana. I need to lose 20 plus pounds within the next few weeks. I don't want to hear "it's not good for you, blah blah blah". I'm morbidly obese and I really want to shed 20 pounds for an upcoming party. Do you ladies have any tips?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I try to, but I will admit, I do get quite lazy sometimes.

Quoting AmaliaD:

When you feel like you are dizzy, or going tom pass out, from hunger, take a nap. It would b easier just to walk everyday.

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't just decide to be pro ana. It doesn't work that way. Anorexia is a true mental condition and isn't just about not eating . The pro ana movement is about anorexic people not seeing it as an issue or disorder but a part of themselves. Pro ana is about anorexia patients supporting and feeding off each other. So a correct statement would be you are pro starvation . SMH.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

honey, if you are not already anorexic you can't just go on some pro ana sites and become ana.  It is a disease, not a diet.  I know.  I live with it every day.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand the desperation. but throwing yourself full-force into an eating disorder is not the way to go. try with some salads-different types-like a southwest salad with some tortilla chips and corn.then maybe one with cranberries, pecans, and feta. Try making meals out of those and changing those up, with healthy snacks in between. NOT eating can actually work against you in the long run with your metabolism. good luck!

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Absolutely! Pm me your email address and any foods you HATE and any physical limitations you have.

Quoting smileydawn:

This isn't my post but I would love some help if you're willing.

Quoting brandydesiree:

PM me! I'll give you a program and if you follow it, I promise you'll lose at least 7-10lbs a week!

I'm a personal trainer and yoga instructor. I've helped quite a few ladies here.

You can do everything in the comfort of your own home!

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Be patient. Learn about nutrition. Hungry For Change is a good documentary, it's got an encouraging message, too. If you want to be smaller for a party you should do a yoga clas, just one class had me farting and pooping (after, both during the class) so much that I went down two notches on my beltTHAT DAY! Seriously, try it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm miserable living the life I'm living now.  There's no reason for me to be over 300 lbs. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Go ahead. It will be the most miserable you'll be in your life. Trust me. Oh and btw, you say you need to lose 20 pounds...it becomes just as addicting as nicotine, alcohol, or any other drug and you can't just "Stop" at 20 pounds.

Tinento
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I'm interested! I just wouldn't be able to start until after this pregnancy :p Only 4 more weeks.

Quoting brandydesiree:

PM me! I'll give you a program and if you follow it, I promise you'll lose at least 7-10lbs a week!

I'm a personal trainer and yoga instructor. I've helped quite a few ladies here.

AkashaGermaine
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM
What exactly is pro ana?
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
PM me your email address and foods you HATE And any limitations you have.

Quoting WandaSue:

i'd love tips...OP Pro Ana is not safe at all...Im morbidly obese and I would never do that

Quoting Anonymous:

I would love to but I do not want to give out my SN. 

Quoting brandydesiree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)