Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coxsackie aka hand foot mouth disease..or something else?? *pics*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

3 weeks ago my daughter came down with a bad rash on her legs. Little red dots covered all the way up to her thighs and started to spread up her tummy, but then stopped, went away for a week or so. The doctor said it was probably an allergic reaction. And it is back. This time, we noticed that her feet had red blotches as if the circulation was being lost. Her temperature was 101. We took her in and will be recieving more advanced test results than the quick throat swab they gave her that came up negative. She has a double ear infection and this morning(day after the rash, she is getting what looks like pimples on her body. And they started out as tiny dots, but keep getting bigger. They are on her thighs, knees, butt, feet, ankles, fingers, and all around her mouth. The spots on her fingers are swelling up and getting red and irritated. I noticed that one of them on her butt had popped and blood was coming out.. I have taken her to the doctor 3 times. Today her pedi said it was a viral reaction to her ear infections...I can't help but feel worried about it being something more serious..

Sorry, my phone has an awful quality. There are much more, but this is an idea.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Sounds like HFM to me
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM

It's going around the day cares here too..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Hfm or mersa.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM
It is very common to get a rash with a fever/virus etc. if that is what your pedi said after seeing her then I would take their word. Watch for any other symptoms or her rash getting worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

It sounds like it.  We had it last year and it was awful.  It flared up some nasty eczema in my little one on top of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Is the popping and bleeding normal??

Quoting Anonymous:

It sounds like it.  We had it last year and it was awful.  It flared up some nasty eczema in my little one on top of it.

WandaSue
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM

hfm

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM
My son had cocksocki (sp) virus and it was mostly in his mouth. Looked like chicken pox sort of. It is like that too, in warmer areas of the body. Armpit, behind the knees the sweater parts and glandes. The Dr knew what it was right away. And then a couple of weeks later he got chicken pox.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Did she get sores in her mouth too? And is she having trouble eating? Hfm does that too.
07lilmama1108
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I guess when dd caught it, hers was mild! The big thing I noticed was her mouth!! It looked like her teeth had broken off when really her gums were so swollen, and bleeding!! I took her to the er and they said it was hfm. She never had a rash anywhere else on her... Not even outside her mouth. But the med they gave for it worked and 2 weeks later she was normal again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured