Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would pick abortion over adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 256 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yup you heard me right. If I were to get pregnant right now I would abort. Adoption would not be an option. I was handed over as a newborn by my mother and father. No one adopted me. I was in the system until I got emancipated at 16. I lived in 9 different foster home with most of the kids waiting to be adopted like me (had never been through an adoption before) and others that had been adopted and given back. Everyone seems to think that adoption is a great thing and it always works out. Well that just isn't true. I know not every case is like me but there are a large portion that are. Even having open adoptions does not save you from anything. Those "open" adoptions can be closed at anytime. Adoptive parents aren't always great. 

If you had an adoption that worked out for you that is great you are lucky! But for those people who say that adoption is always best just do not know what they are talking about. 

Oh and to clarify I am married, my tubes are tied, my DH had a vasectomy, we have 4 kids. Chances are we will never have to deal with another pregnancy but if we do I would get an abortion. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

I think I would, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Okay. I'd abort over adoption for my own reasons as well. I wouldn't necessarily abort if I became pregnant but I'd do it, and early before adoption.
LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Why not just use protection?  More than one for that matter.   It's a horrible thing to say "If I got pregnant I'd abort" as if there were no other options before that.  :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sad to say that I would too...out of selfishness. Kind of like if I can't have them, nobody can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Really? Please learn how to read and then try again. 

Quoting LadyNCVE:

Why not just use protection?  More than one for that matter.   It's a horrible thing to say "If I got pregnant I'd abort" as if there were no other options before that.  :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
7 moms liked this
Adoption doesn't pull apart a baby piece by piece just saying. At least you lived.
WhySoSalty
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Hey, more power to ya. There are too many children without parents out there and many more selfish people who dont want anything but a fresh out the womb baby.
arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Ok... Yay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither does the abortion pill. 

I had a very bad life up until I lived on my own. I would never wish that on anyone ever 

Quoting Anonymous:

Adoption doesn't pull apart a baby piece by piece just saying. At least you lived.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

sealed lip

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured