Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else in the "storm zone"?

Posted by   + Show Post
There's a big storm system moving through my area later tonight, and I am freaking out! My area is close to the high risk zone. Straight line winds, torrential rain, and tornados..yipee! I HATE storms, and have been super nervous all day. It doesn't help that some people around here are taking their kids and leaving...

I'm in Ohio. Anyone else?
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I am in northwest corner of ohio. We are in the " red zone". It's just beginning here. Already under a tornado warning.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Ohio keeps getting the snot knocked out of them (I'm originally from Ohio). Good luck and stay safe. It is possible for things to get hairy in NC tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping not, but meh we take what comes.

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I'm in sw ohio and we have a risk but there isn't anything close to us.

MrsNewman
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

We are in Michigan, in the thumb area ... we still aren't sure if we are going to get hit or not. Doesn't look like it right now but we'v been told it could change. Stay safe! Has it been storming at all?

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I'm just east of Columbus, Ohio and nothing here yet but about 2 minutes away (downtown) it was storming like crazy.  So weird.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yup, hanging out in the basement with the kids.

the.lilangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I'm in Illinois and it was supposed to get bad here. Most of it has stayed north of me though. My parents live in extreme north west ohio and tornado sirens are going off there now.

hunting_chick85
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I'm in Ohio too and I'm in the same risk zone. Hopefully its not as bad as they say.

Quoting Redcodex:

There's a big storm system moving through my area later tonight, and I am freaking out! My area is close to the high risk zone. Straight line winds, torrential rain, and tornados..yipee! I HATE storms, and have been super nervous all day. It doesn't help that some people around here are taking their kids and leaving...

I'm in Ohio. Anyone else?

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
MI here. Not worried about it. Bad weather always splits around us so we're surrounded by awesome storms (and in one case tornadoes) but barely get anything beyond a bit of rain and wind. Looks like we're near the edge of the storm area anyway, so I won't be surprised if it doesn't even rain.
Savmaralamommy
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM

I am in southeastern WI. We had some rain and thunder and some dark clouds, but that is it so far. I did pack a "storm box" and practiced what to do with the kiddos if it gets bad. Doesn't hurt to be prepared but it sure hurts when you aren't. Stay safe!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN