Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else in the "storm zone"?

Posted by   + Show Post
There's a big storm system moving through my area later tonight, and I am freaking out! My area is close to the high risk zone. Straight line winds, torrential rain, and tornados..yipee! I HATE storms, and have been super nervous all day. It doesn't help that some people around here are taking their kids and leaving...

I'm in Ohio. Anyone else?
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
the.lilangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Thanks for letting me know. My mom should be at work and my dad isn't answering his phone, but he could sleep through anything lol.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I am only about 40 minutes or so from Montpelier.

If I remember right Bryan and Montpelier had some hail and wind damage. It was over just as soon as it started. But there is a huge line on the other side of Fort Wayne heading this way. It's not over yet.

Quoting the.lilangel:

Not far from my parents, they are in Monpelier.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Defiance county Almost to the state line.

Williams county just got hit with one with some hail. But it's moved on now.

Quoting the.lilangel:

What county are you from? I was born and raised in Williams county, though I live in Illinois now.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I am in northwest corner of ohio. We are in the " red zone". It's just beginning here. Already under a tornado warning.

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM

we are suppose to get storms and flooding

AustinsMommy007
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I'm in sw Michigan nothing here yet it it's supposed to hit here I think it may all go right below us
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Funny, I am in Wisconsin too. My parents and sister live in Burlington, WI, so. they ae getting storms too. I am more north and it isnt too bad.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Yeah it's nasty out right now. But, I think we are barely a part of it. Stay safe! We're southern most Wisconsin.

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Oo Burlington :)  My family is in Racine and me and mine are just outside of Kenosha.  It's about a 5 minute drive to Illinois.

Quoting crysiann:

Funny, I am in Wisconsin too. My parents and sister live in Burlington, WI, so. they ae getting storms too. I am more north and it isnt too bad.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Yeah it's nasty out right now. But, I think we are barely a part of it. Stay safe! We're southern most Wisconsin.

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Best of luck. I'm happy it's been clear here in okc.
redhead-bedhead
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I'm in Cincy and I'm so not looking forward to the storms. Hopefully we just get the straight-line winds, and not any tornadoes. We just moved and no longer have a basement, so that sucks.
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Your welcome. We haven't had anything worse than our typical northwest ohio weather yet so if he is a heavy sleeper he would sleep right through it.

If I hear anything big before I go to bed I will be sure to update again. Hope your parents and everyone else in the oath if these storms stay safe. All I am worried about is losing power for a week like I did last summer. I have $200 worth of meat in the freezer.

Quoting the.lilangel:

Thanks for letting me know. My mom should be at work and my dad isn't answering his phone, but he could sleep through anything lol.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I am only about 40 minutes or so from Montpelier.

If I remember right Bryan and Montpelier had some hail and wind damage. It was over just as soon as it started. But there is a huge line on the other side of Fort Wayne heading this way. It's not over yet.

Quoting the.lilangel:

Not far from my parents, they are in Monpelier.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

Defiance county Almost to the state line.

Williams county just got hit with one with some hail. But it's moved on now.

Quoting the.lilangel:

What county are you from? I was born and raised in Williams county, though I live in Illinois now.

Quoting darcibeisheim:

I am in northwest corner of ohio. We are in the " red zone". It's just beginning here. Already under a tornado warning.

DEJavu17
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Storm?

Im in southcentral PA.

....ClvrScn.
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Yeah im in ohio boardering lorain county.. nothing goin on here. Shrugs.. im not worried.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)