Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is he a pedaphile?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Ok so my Dh's uncle is a pretty big weirdo. First time I met him he had a conversation staring at my boobs while my dh stood right there. Anyways, at the last family get together he was following my dd (13mo at the time) videotaping her and taking pics. It was beyond creepy. He has met my dd once before and is barely close to my husband. When she was a few months old, after meeting her once, he called dh asking for "pictures of the baby". He never calls dh. I have talked to friends of mine about it and most say I should be concerned.

We haven't seen him since the videotaping incident but I'm scared for him to be around my dd (who is now 19mo). Dh thinks I'm overreacting. Also, this uncle has never had a gf (that the family knows of) and lived w his mother until she died a few years ago. Hes probably late 50's? Am I worrying for nothing? I told dh if it happens again I will say something to his uncle. Any advice ladies?!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Seems like you're overreacting. If you get a bad vibe from him, just make sure he isn't alone with you daughter.
Proudmommy0610
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM
You can never be too careful go with your instincts. I was raped by someone close to me when I was a child and I am extremely protective of my son family or not shit happens.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM
My DHS uncle is creepy. Although he doesn't do the picture thing. I avoid contact as best I can at family functions.

The pictures would bug me.
emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I think you are over reacting, but if you feel uncomfortable around him than make sure your dd is never alone with him.

NBean311
by Chivette on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Sounds like you are reading too much into the situation. 

If you are uncomfortable, don't leave them alone together... But to say that him asking for pictures or videos is inappropriate is silly. Maybe he is proud, maybe he is lonely, maybe he has a very strong connection to his family. He doesn't sound perverted. 

MylittlePea
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM
It was him following her around all evening that creeped me out. Hes pretty much as close to a stranger to her as you can get. He met her once before this and never held her or anything. I'm hoping I'm reading too much into it but I def don't think ill be leaving dd alone if he's anywhere near.

Quoting NBean311:

Sounds like you are reading too much into the situation. 

If you are uncomfortable, don't leave them alone together... But to say that him asking for pictures or videos is inappropriate is silly. Maybe he is proud, maybe he is lonely, maybe he has a very strong connection to his family. He doesn't sound perverted. 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

He sounds creepy to me, and I'd keep my daughter away from him. 50 without dating? Doesn't sound healthy to me.

BaBeezandMe
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Maybe a talk with him about boundaries is in order??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I told my dh to talk to his mom (its her brother) and he doesn't want to for some reason. I told him not to say I think he's going to touch my daughter! Just mention it and say he thinks its kind of strange.

God forbid my dd is at my MIL's (she babysits sometimes) and he shows up or something. I think he should maybe talk to his mom, right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN