Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your daughter compete in pagents??

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a question, Im watching Toddlers and Tiaras and some of these moms are very competitive, like they actually get scared or mad when certain other girls and moms show up, does that really happen? Like are there girls that are hard to beat, and do you not like them and their moms?

And, can I see a pic of your girls all dressed up for the pagent, I think they are adorable, even if its their glitz wear or favortie outfit or anything like that, they are just to darn cute!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Not my type of thing.

lidibolton
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

i hate that show. but no my daughter doesnt.

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM
My dh wants my dd to try a natural pageant. I am just not a pageant mom. I know she would love it though. Just not something I even wanna get started.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Nope. I refuse. Everyone wants me to get my youngest into modeling and even though she is gorgeous I do not want to put her through that.

K-Chan
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Dd wants to try one. Our mall did one and she said she wants to try it next time. Her age group was sunday best/no make up
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

nope.  She's been in a few my mother in law put her in.  I only allowed it because it was the only time my mother in law showed any interest in her.  They were not glitz pageants though. Now she is 11 and has no interest in being in any more.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I put my son in one at 4mo. Just for fun. Never again. Even the local ones the moms were SUPER competitive. It did feel good though. DS won 'Champion Chubby' and 'Most Beautiful' and I only put him in for fun. Not once did I care. So it was nice to know that we went into it for fun and came out with trophies and certificates and not once was I bitchy/competitive in the process.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yes and yes.  I have seen moms throw crowns across the room when their daughter only got queen.  I have seen a mom grab their two year old and yell in their face for not making a correct turn.  I have seen moms talk bad about little kids.  Pageant moms are evil.  Well, most are, some are acually nice and helpful but that is rare.  I try not to get involved with them.  My daughter loves them and we just go to go.  I could not care less if she gets overall supreme titles or last place as long as she is having fun.  Go to some of these pageant forums and you will see how down low they can get.  I had to stop going on there because if I saw my childs name and saw someone talking about her like they do other kids, I would have to beat someone.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Thats terrible! Your doing the right thing, just for fun. I saw a mom say once on these shows that she was living through her daughter and that she will stop doing pagents when her daughter is 18 and she cant make her anymore. Sad really. Her daughter is going to grow up to hate her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes and yes.  I have seen moms throw crowns across the room when their daughter only got queen.  I have seen a mom grab their two year old and yell in their face for not making a correct turn.  I have seen moms talk bad about little kids.  Pageant moms are evil.  Well, most are, some are acually nice and helpful but that is rare.  I try not to get involved with them.  My daughter loves them and we just go to go.  I could not care less if she gets overall supreme titles or last place as long as she is having fun.  Go to some of these pageant forums and you will see how down low they can get.  I had to stop going on there because if I saw my childs name and saw someone talking about her like they do other kids, I would have to beat someone.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Unfortunately, I tend to think a lot of those mothers are trying to live vicariously through their daughters. That's not something I agree with. 

My daughter is 3. She's not been in any pageants. As she gets older, if she wants to be in them, I'd allow it, but I'd steer clear of the glitz ones where the girls are expected to wear tons of makeup, go tanning, wear fake eyelashes, etc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN