Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

aggressive dog.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
Ok, so i have a dog, and for some odd reason he has been extremely aggressive towards me. Hes bitten me twice, the sec. Time i was bleeding really bad. and I'm pregnant,idk why hes being so aggressive towards me i treat him like my baby. I'm to the point to giving him away, bc I'm.pregnant, and don't want him to end up biting my daughter. He almost bit a lady a few days back. and hes so aggresive towards everybody.. I got him from a family member. I love my dog don't get me wrong. But hes become to much for me. Idk what to do
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
5 moms liked this

The dog needs to go.  To a shelter or a euthanasia clinic.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Get rid of him before someone gets hurt

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
When he bit me this time, i almost had to go to the hospital.. He riped alot of my skin off my finger. All i tried to do was pick him up.

Quoting Anonymous:

TaughtTot
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I like my dog to be aggressive, to non family, to me?? My SO's dad would put a bullet in it's head if I didn't put it down at a vet. The END!

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Have you taken him to the vet to make sure there is no medical reason for it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
7 moms liked this

He's aggressive because you treat him like your baby.  He is NOT your baby, he is a dog.

Letting a dog on furniture tells the dog they are dominant.  The top dog in a pack gets to sit on teh highest points.  Keep him off the furniture.

Letting a dog eat table scraps tells them they are dominant.  The top dogs get the best food, and they eat first.  Keep him to his foods and NEVER let him lick the plates.

Letting a dog sit on your lap tells them they are dominant.  Top dogs get to lounge all over other dog's places and lay on them.  Keep him off your lap.

It is time to put this dog in his place, and he'll be far happier for it.

I would advise consulting a professional trainer for help, since you do have a baby on the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
This is how I'm feeling... He barks all the time, he growls at me now.. And bes potty trained but will shit all over the place even when ive tooken him outside. I'm over this dam dog. Bc im his owner n he fucking bit me.. bc if be bites.my daughter i will kill the fucker myself

Quoting TaughtTot:

I like my dog to be aggressive, to non family, to me?? My SO's dad would put a bullet in it's head if I didn't put it down at a vet. The END!

chickieboom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM
You need to surrender him ASAP and you need to let them know that he's aggressive and has bitten you twice. A dog like that has no business being around small children. They do not magically change once you introduce a baby into the mix. In fact, they can get more aggressive. I have 3 (2 rescues) and DS. If one of them showed ANY aggression towards any of us they would be gone in a heartbeat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Is he any certain breed ? You could possibly spend a lot of money on a trainer but there are no garentees , I've worked with dogs for 20 years aggression is hard to break and some breeds are very prone to aggression and may not be able to correct , if you have kids it's safer to get rid of it , and a lot of animals are very uncomfortable around pregnant people but that don't mean he will stop after you deliver , it just means now you have a infant to protect

Quoting Anonymous:

When he bit me this time, i almost had to go to the hospital.. He riped alot of my skin off my finger. All i tried to do was pick him up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes, he has insurance and he goes every month.. Hes aggressive with them too.. And they tell me everytime, there is nothing wrong with him.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Have you taken him to the vet to make sure there is no medical reason for it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN