Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Our gun law is changing july 1st

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 200 Replies
I am not very happy about it. It's actually kind of scary. The new gun law for Mississippi is as of July 1st you have the right to carry in public with or without a permit.

I'm freaking out cause not everyone deserves to have a gun. Some people aren't responsible enough and I can see those idiots going out and buying one just cause they can take it to walmart now. Omg. Wtf. I don't mind weapons but I grew up with a big healthy dose of gun control and respect for deadly weapons hammered into.my brain.
Why the hell would people vote to let just anyone open carry. Carry with a permit I would have been just fine with. This scares me.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyokrys
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM
12 moms liked this

Right on. Wyoming has this and I love it. 

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM
has what? Right to carry with or without or just with a permit? And why do you love it?

Quoting Wyokrys:

Right on. Wyoming has this and I love it. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM
12 moms liked this
guarantee - people will start to be nicer to each other.
Wyokrys
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:24 PM
10 moms liked this

Because I feel safer carrying. My honey always has his pistol at his side. Plus, they can't just go out and buy a gun, they still have background checks for purchasing them. You don't hear of crazy gun issues here in Wyoming now do you, that's because we all have them. 

Wyokrys
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We can have consealed weapons without a permit, we can take them anywhere minus government buildings (schools, court house, ect., or establishments that serve alcohol) 

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I live in PA and you can conceal or open carry but you have to have a permit. I concealed carry and I don't know anyone who open carries unless they are a cop
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Eh. Here you can open carry no permit and I rarely ever see anyone carrying. Maybe once a year.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I wouldn't know what goes on there. I'm 2 busy watching the news where people in "the hood" are shooting up houses and killing people. Hell just today a mm was rushed to the hospital where he was being treated after being shot in both legs.

Quoting Wyokrys:

Because I feel safer carrying. My honey always has his pistol at his side. Plus, they can't just go out and buy a gun, they still have background checks for purchasing them. You don't hear of crazy gun issues here in Wyoming now do you, that's because we all have them. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Without a permit tis absurd and crazy

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM

What part of PA?

I'm in Middletown/Hershey

So I'm not far from Harrisburg, and every single night this week on the news

"Person shot and killed in Harrisburg."

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I live in PA and you can conceal or open carry but you have to have a permit. I concealed carry and I don't know anyone who open carries unless they are a cop

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)