Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

welfare people

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a question about welfare folk.... are there any, other than the elderly and the TRULY disabled (meaning your 20/30/40/50 year old ass not willing to deal with your "anxiety" or other treatable issue) who are NOT lazy, worthless, excuse making, fools, who aren't a victim of their own piss poor choice making?  FYI, I don't mean those who receive welfare for a short period of time, I mean those who receive it for years?  those who don't work.... those trashy, worthless folk the world would be better off without?

ETA  *****I am so glad so many of you love pepsi.... my hubs works for pepsi... thanks for helping us enjoy a nice life!

to those who asked, I am a community health nurse.... so obviously I contribute...

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Replies (181-185):
bugsmama149
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I hate when I'm shopping and my butthole itches.

enlightened_24
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Its not idiotic to feel really good about doing the right thing. Again, I know there are families who do this but not around here so I felt extra special. Way to shit on someones bubble. And I am suceeding, I am just still in the process so...Thanks Anon!

Quoting Anonymous:

PA is not the devil. I believe in using it the right way. But to claim you are one in a million when MILLIONS of other families are doing the same thing as you to get off pa is utter bullshit. And youll get a congrats when you actually get off welfare not while TRYING. And BTW no stick up my ass, but when you post idiotic shit online expect people to call you out on it.

Quoting enlightened_24:

Anon huh? How about saying Congrats for getting off welfare? Maybe one in a millions was an exxaggeration but you dont have to be a bitch over someones positive progression. You seem like one of those people who believe PA is the devil based on your last sentence there. Must be nice to have a stick that far up your ass ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice try but you are NOT one in a million. Just because no one you know is doing that doesn't make you special. Just means you work hard for what you DO have and to GET OFF PA, like  MILLIONS of other families, INCLUDING those not using ANY form of PA.

Quoting enlightened_24:

Because I am the only one I know trying to get OFF welfare.

Quoting mybabiesmama916:

How is this one and a million??

Quoting enlightened_24:

I am a victim of my own poor choice-ish (BC didnt work and I had a baby 6 weeks before my 19th birthday and I cried). However, I have gotten an associates degree and have worked up to 3 jobs at once to support my family. I have gotten off half the assistance I had because I dont need it and I dont want to abuse the system. I am going back to school for another degree and a better job so that I can be free from welfare :) I am one in a million!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM
No its not idiot To feel good about something however it is idiotic to say "I'm one in a million" and shit on everyone else's bubble. Which is ultimately what you did. You diminished what MILLIONS of other families are doing with or without pa.

Quoting enlightened_24:

Its not idiotic to feel really good about doing the right thing. Again, I know there are families who do this but not around here so I felt extra special. Way to shit on someones bubble. And I am suceeding, I am just still in the process so...Thanks Anon!

Quoting Anonymous:

PA is not the devil. I believe in using it the right way. But to claim you are one in a million when MILLIONS of other families are doing the same thing as you to get off pa is utter bullshit. And youll get a congrats when you actually get off welfare not while TRYING. And BTW no stick up my ass, but when you post idiotic shit online expect people to call you out on it.

Quoting enlightened_24:

Anon huh? How about saying Congrats for getting off welfare? Maybe one in a millions was an exxaggeration but you dont have to be a bitch over someones positive progression. You seem like one of those people who believe PA is the devil based on your last sentence there. Must be nice to have a stick that far up your ass ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice try but you are NOT one in a million. Just because no one you know is doing that doesn't make you special. Just means you work hard for what you DO have and to GET OFF PA, like  MILLIONS of other families, INCLUDING those not using ANY form of PA.

Quoting enlightened_24:

Because I am the only one I know trying to get OFF welfare.

Quoting mybabiesmama916:

How is this one and a million??

Quoting enlightened_24:

I am a victim of my own poor choice-ish (BC didnt work and I had a baby 6 weeks before my 19th birthday and I cried). However, I have gotten an associates degree and have worked up to 3 jobs at once to support my family. I have gotten off half the assistance I had because I dont need it and I dont want to abuse the system. I am going back to school for another degree and a better job so that I can be free from welfare :) I am one in a million!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:45 AM

See. this is the exact issue. Yes she works, that is great, but look at the time she has to spend away from her children, and she still needs assistance. There are people who legitimately can't work, but I guess they're pieces of shit too, whether it's their fault or not that they can't work.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's not talking about you! You work!

Quoting Anonymous:

I work my ass off working 65 hours a week, sometimes more. And since I'm a single mother, I get medical card for my DD and I. So am I a piece of shit because of the fact that I support all but medical??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

the ones on here collecting FS and going to school full time need to get a job too. The government should not be supporting you while you are in school. I always worked in college and when I was getting my graduate degree, I worked full time.  Being in school is no excuse to be on the dole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN