Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to talk ):

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Maybe I am depressed. I dont know.

I was watching a movie and a scene was them wedding planning and it made me upset. I dont think i will ever have that.

When me and so first got togethet we talked about marriage. Now we dont. Have been together almost 3 years. The subject just faded. And I feel stupid for bringing it up, I dont want him to feel like I am pushing him.

We first got together and the relationship was amazing. He would call or text me randomly to say he loved or missed me. To just talk.
Now, not so much. I am lucky to hear that he is going to the store. We don't talk hardly anymore. I feel like i am the last person to hear anything. I hate this.

Im not perfect. I get stressed. Over react.
Most of this is my fault.

There is no point in this post. I just needed to express my feelings to someone, anyone.

Any ideas? Opinions? Bashing?
Please share it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I've cried over YT videos where women come out to their parents telling them they are pregnant in the cutest of ways. The parents/families are always thrilled and lots of happy tears. 

I didn't have that...I have felt depressed watching them and I once tortured myself for an hour or two doing so :/

*hugs*

mesfilles
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Do you try to talk to him or text him to just say you love him? After people are together for a period of time they tend to take each other for granted.
egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I would talk to him about it. Sometimes we all need reminders about what we are thankful for, no matter what situation. Plus, guys are dense! 

Tell him how you miss when you two were close and talked and had a "spark". Our relationship hit an all time low after my fiance's first child was born (my son). I was overweight, self conscience, all about baby 24/7 that our relationship suffered and my fiance looked elsewhere for attention. We worked on it and we are much better now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Are you unable to have children or don't have family that were supportive?

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I've cried over YT videos where women come out to their parents telling them they are pregnant in the cutest of ways. The parents/families are always thrilled and lots of happy tears. 

I didn't have that...I have felt depressed watching them and I once tortured myself for an hour or two doing so :/

*hugs*

QuirkyMom26
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Young mom, family wasn't ready to be accepting of that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Yes.
Write little notes so when he wakes up in the morning he gets them.
But lately its just one sided.

Past month I started really thinking to myself and wondered if maybe it would be best to end it. Seemed like he realized I was at the end of my rope and for a few days turned his act around. Was loving and gave me a glimpse of how it used to be. But it didn't last long.

Quoting mesfilles:

Do you try to talk to him or text him to just say you love him? After people are together for a period of time they tend to take each other for granted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I talked to him last night and layed it all out in the open. Don't know how much good it did, but I am waiting.

In the mean time I am trying to work on myself. Stop being so stressed. And over reacting about things. And everything we talked about.

Quoting egrzesik91:

I would talk to him about it. Sometimes we all need reminders about what we are thankful for, no matter what situation. Plus, guys are dense! 

Tell him how you miss when you two were close and talked and had a "spark". Our relationship hit an all time low after my fiance's first child was born (my son). I was overweight, self conscience, all about baby 24/7 that our relationship suffered and my fiance looked elsewhere for attention. We worked on it and we are much better now. 

waffa
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

couple counselling is all I have to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand how you feel hun. I was 18 when I had my first baby and my family was pretty much eh whatever.

Was 23 when I had my son and they have nothing to do with him. It hurts. But I cut them out of our lives. My children don't deserve to have people like that.

My family are the type of people that if it doesn't benefit them, they don't give a shit.

Sorry. I went on a rant.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Young mom, family wasn't ready to be accepting of that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM

sigh, im so sorry. this was me many yrs ago.. i was  dating my now dh.. ( yes he is my dh now wait..)

for.. 3 yrs. just like you.. we spoke of marriage but then stopped too & the  relationship got stale. i had alot of anxiety disorders ( i still do).. and baggage.. =/ i did ask him what wa sup though..  we were living together 2 yrs already together 3 and i siad look, im not ready to get married now but i just wanted to know when we are ready am i the one?  is this where we are going? he  said idk.. =( he was scared of marriage  i think & was still immature i think too looking back.

well i siad if you dont know this isnt good. im not  wasting  3 yrs & falling more in love with a man that " doesnt know" if im the one after 3 yrs & 2 yrs lving with me he didnt fight it much so i  broke it off and  began to look to move out..   just as i was about  to.. and an old flame found out i was single & was  calling me up he began to want me back but i wa slike fuck no you are just jealous.. so i didnt go back i hung out with the other guy a   little bit.. moved out and moved in with  my friends..  a few months passed and i missed him so much...   we got back  in  touch  & he was a mess!!!!!  i founf out he was depressed & missing me but didnt think id take him back..    when he saw i missed him & had a MAYBE chance he ran & asked my parents for permission & begged me back.. 3 weeks later we  were engaged & almost 2 yrs after that married.. that was 9 yrs ago now.. i think he was scared & i think   he took me for granted too..  he felt life without me and he said he realized  he couldnt be w/o me..  not sure if that helps but there is hope.. maybe you do need to leave  my dh  didnt seemt o miss me too much  right away.. but then BAM it hit him.. i wish you  all the love you deserve hun!! i truly do HUGS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN