Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Don't you dare walk.. It's stupid!"update, were home!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 440 Replies
8 moms liked this
These are the exact words I've gotten from my ex husband because I plan to walk to my daughters doctor appointment tomorrow. I am 20 and live at home with my father while I go to school my daughter lives with me and I'm divorced. ( sound like a winner huh?) well I cannot drive with my daughter because I am a fairly new driver and I suck at driving and my parents nor I want to put my daughter at risk even if the place is close to home. Well my ex txted and said he could not come and get us and take us to the appointment.. We really need to go she is having more troubles at night an I'm worried that her sleep apnea is back.. So I can nt just reschedule yes it's my fault for losing track of time I thought the app was next Thursday not this so I didn't give him a weeks notice but she still needs to go. It's my fault I lost track of time and I don't have a ride so I'm going to own up and walk. I need to leave here between 6-630am so that I give my self enough time to walk the distance. It is about a 10-15 car drive so I'm guessing its going to be at least an hour and a half way that's why I want to give my self two- two and half hours to get there. Well my ex is pissed that I'm going to walk and I think is calling my dad as I type to explain to him why I need to endanger my daughters life when I can walk instead. I wish I had a bike with a seat on the back but I don't.

What would you do? I'm just wondering I'm not changing my mind. I sent him a txt back saying " it is stupid to miss an appointment I know y daughter needs just because I can't drive have to perfectly fit legs to carry me there" he hasn't responded

** it is a 4 mile walk doable at a nice pace in an hour an a half it is not to hot here and the sun will be up. I can't drive because my father wot let me drive with my daughter and I will lose my place to live if I choose to disobey him. There are side walks all the way there and it is not a busy road I am taking and it is a nice area. There are no busses that are close I don't have money for a cab an I will look into the free service that pa provides but it won't help me tomorrow since I have to leave so early. It is safer to choose o walk even if it is a far walk my daughter is worth it. I have already packed drinks and snacks for the walk and we will be ok

**** I did not sleep at all last night my daughter was up at 3 and refused to go back to sleep we left at 6 am and arrived at the doctors office at 7:15 there we waited till 8:30 to see the doctor and were done by 9 and and 10:15 this morning I have returned home. We did not stop at the park because it was really hot and we are both very tired. My ex was pissed that I walked and his parents are pissed at him for him not taking us. So he is asking about all my next appointments so I never have to walk again. It was a lovely walk there and horrid on the way home. I wish I had one of those bikes with the seat on the back it would be faster and cooler to ride that and I would often. I map quested the miles this morning before I left and I walk almost 10 miles total 4.97 there and 4.97 back. Thank you to all the ladies who were supportive and gave me advice! Have a great day!
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Take a taxi then.
lovinmyboys...
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
That is quite a long walk for a little girl. I think I would find another way. Remember, you have to walk back home too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM
4 moms liked this

It is stupid to walk.

New driver?  Leave an hour early to avoid traffic and take it slow.  Or call a cab service, it shouldn't cost much for a 10-15min drive.  What about the buses?

Are there sidewalks the whole way?  Are you going to push her in a stroller, or expect a child to walk 1.5 hours on their own?

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:27 PM
No money it's not far and it's not on any main road. I don't see why I shouldn't walk

Quoting FL2AK:

Take a taxi then.

yabbadabba07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
3 moms liked this
That is an extremely long walk. I don't think your ex should have called you stupid though. You do what you have to. Hope your daughter will be in a stroller or something though...
FL2AK
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Your parents can't take you? How about the ex can pay for the cab?

Quoting MamaSwan001:

No money it's not far and it's not on any main road. I don't see why I shouldn't walk

Quoting FL2AK:

Take a taxi then.

MamaSwan001
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
She has a stroller, there is no other way I have no money I cannot drive and my only ride said no

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

That is quite a long walk for a little girl. I think I would find another way. Remember, you have to walk back home too.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:29 PM
A bus, taxi, neighbor, relative?

That's a long walk even if DD is in a stroller.
wonderstruck11
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Call a friend, or a taxi. It's not always safe to go walking.

I don't know about where you live, but a 15 min car ride here equals about 45 minutes of walking. I can't imagine it taking 2 hours to walk that short distance.

I seripusly think you should just drive yourself though. It's only 15 minutes. Drive the speed limit, pay attention, leave 10 minutes early to help ensure you make it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:30 PM

i would just drive!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured