Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

update update to my would you allow your child to have this

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

How can we tell him no he can't have Miss Piggy cause she's to girlie. I would never keep him from his Miss Piggy. He loves her. He even went to sleep with her tonight. I hate that people make a big deal out of girl and boys toys. He loves alk the muppets. I will never take her away.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (111-120):
spotsmom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome. And seriously cute. Don't listen to anyone telling you he can't have it. 

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Thank you!! I figured he would take he to bed when he went so I had to get a picture lol.

Quoting nikki666444:

awe! this is probly the cutest post I've scene so far. 

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Thank you!! And I won't. He can have her as long as he wants. It makes him happy so it makes us happy.

Quoting spotsmom:

That's awesome. And seriously cute. Don't listen to anyone telling you he can't have it. 

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
He is too cute. I agree with letting him have it. Society is too bent on gender roles. Girl toys aren't going to make a little boy gay, just like boy toys aren't going to make a little girl a Butch lesbian.
wissotamum
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this

So sweet.

It freaks some people out because they think a boy playing with a "girl" toy is a sign of homosexuality, or could lead to homosexuality if allowed to continue.  It's not.  As those folks let that kind of wrongheaded thinking go, we'll see less and less of those kinds of comments.  Eventually, a little one having a lovey will just be a little one with a lovey. 

Eventually, all anyone will see is sweet little arms wrapped around a much loved toy and recognize that it's just a lovey.

RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting myself to add
Even if he did turn out gay, it's not the end of the world. He'd still be your child and still deserves happiness as much as anyone. Just my opinion.

Quoting RiotPixie:

He is too cute. I agree with letting him have it. Society is too bent on gender roles. Girl toys aren't going to make a little boy gay, just like boy toys aren't going to make a little girl a Butch lesbian.

ANSnyder
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!! I wish more people were like you!! It does not make a male child any less male to have a doll or in this case a Miss Piggy!!
wissotamum
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

My almost 10 year old loves Thor.  She would totally wedge her body into that costume if she could.

Quoting Anonymous:

Never take that pig away from that baby...my daughter wore her Thor costume (hammer, cape and all) for two weeks straight. She'd go naked and sit at the washer when I would wash it. She'd wear it to school and even to church. Who am I to say no? She was the cutest damn Thor ever. Cuter than Hemsworth.

flaquitabss
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I wouldnt take it away either.  He will be over it soon just like any other toy.  My question is, why your mom will give him this particular toy??  

Quoting amy1will:

We did. My MiL said it was to girlie for him. He got it today for his bday from his grandmother.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Then let him have the miss piggy, if he likes it he likes it

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM
My mom didn't. His great grandmother did. And because he loves the muppets and didn't have piggy yet.

Quoting flaquitabss:

I wouldnt take it away either.  He will be over it soon just like any other toy.  My question is, why your mom will give him this particular toy??  

Quoting amy1will:

We did. My MiL said it was to girlie for him. He got it today for his bday from his grandmother.

Quoting TaughtTot:

Then let him have the miss piggy, if he likes it he likes it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)