Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Self esteem issue due to body flaw.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have moles EVERYWHERE. Different sizes, some raised some not. Every day there's a new one and I'm afraid by the time I'm 30 (i'm 26) that I'll covered in them head to toe. I have them all down my jawline on my left side. I refuse to take pictures on that side of my face and am so self concious about it. I've had kids come up and ask me all the time "What's on your face". It's awkward and embarassing. I have them all over my back and arms as well and two on my boobs. The only place they're not on is my stomach and legs/feet other than that they're everywhere. I even have one big one on the back of my head.

I know I can get them removed but it's expensive and Im not sure if insurance will cover it if it's not a health problem. At least the ones on my face and head anyway. It's something to look into.

Is there any way I can prevent them? Also will my kids get them this bad? My oldest already has two and she's six.  I am so sick of them and sick of DH making fun of them and the kids and their friends asking questions. It's making me just not want to leave the house.  

Pics that I have: 
All over my face, mostly small ones. You can't see the large on on my neck.

My face four years ago, you can see how I didn't have that many then:

And the one on my jawline...the most embarassing part that draws attention.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
horseap
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I think the guinea pig draws more attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

lol me and all the kids at the pool....the things they say!

Quoting areles:

nobody cares about these but you.  and perhaps some asshole you were in third grade with.

you're beautiful.  fret not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Yeah I do get awkawrd stares when I go out. Maybe it's the fact that there's a rodent in my hair....

Quoting horseap:

I think the guinea pig draws more attention.

KGreen75
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Honestly, you are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Oh and a way to get insurance to pay for removal? Tell you dermatologist that they have tripled in size and darkened dramatically. That is a sign of cancer and insurance will pay for the removal because it becomes a preventative procedure and not just a cosmetic procedure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM
My friend has a huge on under his bottom lip. He's ok with it. He's a drag queen and hides it well with makeup. Idk if it's normal to get so many all the time though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Most of the time I roll my eyes but once he said something and I was being especially hormonal that day and just lost it. He felt bad afterwards, but every once in awhile he'll say something. Jokingly, but still it bugs me.

Quoting lidibolton

tell him that him pointng them out bothers you and talk to him about it. he should be more respectful and help build your confidence instead of hurting it. he may not know it bothers you so much

Quoting Anonymous:

As a teen i didn't notice them as much nor in my early twenties but since the kids and DH points them out often I have become more self aware.

Quoting lidibolton:

i have some and just dont pay them any mind. i know they have stuff for skin tags i dont think they do for moles. you could always have them cut off but that would leave worse scars i believe. you are gorgeous by the way and i wouldnt worry about them

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

they are beauty marks and since you are so beautiful you have a bunch always try and look on the bright side of things

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to sound conceited but I've always thought I was pretty. Not gorgeous or anything but lately I just look at my face and all I see is moles screaming at me. I don't even take pictures of myself anymore :(

Quoting momto2crazykids:

sweetie you are beautiful, i wish there was something i could say to make you feel as wonderful as you look

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

First, you're beautiful, you have the prettiest shaped face & nose & eyes & smile.

Yes, you get more as you get older but yours seem to be coming on at a rapid pace.  See a dermatologist.

i have a million freckles (thanks grandpa) and i have a lot of moles.  I had about 7 removed a while ago, they were the most prominent.  Get the ones on your face removed.  Insurance probably doesn't cover the major cost but the dermatologist will probably work something out with you, especially if they say it's for skin cancer screening.  It doesn't hurt. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Hmm good idea...lol Like I said, at least the ones on my face and the back of the head, that one bothers me the most.

Quoting KGreen75:

Honestly, you are making a huge deal out of nothing.

Oh and a way to get insurance to pay for removal? Tell you dermatologist that they have tripled in size and darkened dramatically. That is a sign of cancer and insurance will pay for the removal because it becomes a preventative procedure and not just a cosmetic procedure.

SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM
You're beautiful, and I wouldn't even notice them if you didn't say anything. I was expecting you to have huge blobs on your face. Seriously ..they are not bad at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN