Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Self esteem issue due to body flaw.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have moles EVERYWHERE. Different sizes, some raised some not. Every day there's a new one and I'm afraid by the time I'm 30 (i'm 26) that I'll covered in them head to toe. I have them all down my jawline on my left side. I refuse to take pictures on that side of my face and am so self concious about it. I've had kids come up and ask me all the time "What's on your face". It's awkward and embarassing. I have them all over my back and arms as well and two on my boobs. The only place they're not on is my stomach and legs/feet other than that they're everywhere. I even have one big one on the back of my head.

I know I can get them removed but it's expensive and Im not sure if insurance will cover it if it's not a health problem. At least the ones on my face and head anyway. It's something to look into.

Is there any way I can prevent them? Also will my kids get them this bad? My oldest already has two and she's six.  I am so sick of them and sick of DH making fun of them and the kids and their friends asking questions. It's making me just not want to leave the house.  

Pics that I have: 
All over my face, mostly small ones. You can't see the large on on my neck.

My face four years ago, you can see how I didn't have that many then:

And the one on my jawline...the most embarassing part that draws attention.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM
First of all, you are so cute! None of those are anything like the big ugly moles i was expecting. I think those little freckle ones are cute. I love them on a woman.

The one on your jaw looks like a constellation. Is cute!

I know you don't feel like is cute, so you probably won't feel better because of my opinion. Just know that people out there find that really attractive.

For your own safety though, you should see a doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Yeah that is what I'm worried about. I have watched them closely and there's always some new one coming up.

Quoting gigis1:

My friend has a huge on under his bottom lip. He's ok with it. He's a drag queen and hides it well with makeup. Idk if it's normal to get so many all the time though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM
That is what DH says and it drives me CRAZY! I have another constellation on my back -_____-
Quoting Anonymous:

First of all, you are so cute! None of those are anything like the big ugly moles i was expecting. I think those little freckle ones are cute. I love them on a woman.

The one on your jaw looks like a constellation. Is cute!

I know you don't feel like is cute, so you probably won't feel better because of my opinion. Just know that people out there find that really attractive.

For your own safety though, you should see a doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

That's what I feel the one on my neck and jaw are...

Quoting SoInLove515:

You're beautiful, and I wouldn't even notice them if you didn't say anything. I was expecting you to have huge blobs on your face. Seriously ..they are not bad at all.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I don't know about preventing them, see a dermatologist. I had one on my face removed about a year ago and as a child I had 4 removed from my back. The ones on my back were cancer suspects so they were covered by insurance. The one in my face was not paid about $60 for the removal
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM
The only blob I see on you is your Guinea pig! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I feel the one on my neck and jaw are...

Quoting SoInLove515:

You're beautiful, and I wouldn't even notice them if you didn't say anything. I was expecting you to have huge blobs on your face. Seriously ..they are not bad at all.

horseap
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I do get awkawrd stares when I go out. Maybe it's the fact that there's a rodent in my hair....

Quoting horseap:

I think the guinea pig draws more attention.

LOL SEE! The first two pics looked more like freckles tbh. Ill admit I have them all over. I have a large one on my arm. Its hairy too! And its getting bigger but thats something I know... I know... I should talk to my Dr about. I will say that ONE good thing my mom ever did was call them Gods kisses and make them no big deal. DS has LOADS of freckles and Im sure moles will pop soon, hes 7. DD1 had a few and DD2 has some but she has a large birth mark, so does DS. DD1 doesnt. You are beautiful and CONFIDENCE shines more than perfect skin or flawless hair. Dont let them get to you, and if you have to, plop the pig on your shoulder and act cluesless when people look at you funny. WHAT, doesnt EVERYONE have pets on their shoulder? Its the coolest!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Baby5678
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM

You are beautiful. Period.

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:44 AM

are they raised?  if not, you can laser them.  moles are simply hyperpigmented skin in localized areas of the skin.  if they are raised, you can't laser them.

honestly, i woudn't even do anything with them. they are part of YOU.  and they don't look bad either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I feel they do, and am very self concious about it.

Some are raised some are not.

Quoting itsm3:

are they raised?  if not, you can laser them.  moles are simply hyperpigmented skin in localized areas of the skin.  if they are raised, you can't laser them.

honestly, i woudn't even do anything with them. they are part of YOU.  and they don't look bad either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN