Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Whatever you did for the least..*Christian post*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)

The Sheep and the Goats

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this

bump

lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Love the inspiration!

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

bump

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM

bump

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Bump
Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Then all of man kind will not enter the kingdom and will be eternally punished

The human race has failed the children by leting them starve to death
jojo_star
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I realize you are Christian, but why do you always post common sense things that apply to all people, no matter the religion, but instead of just posting the ideal, you have to post it with religion, knowing you are going to get some nasty responses? I really love everything you post, because the majority of it applies to everyone, and I am not Christian. I think you'd get a better response, and get through to more people, if you left out the religious part of it. But if you like the drama it starts, go for it I guess. 

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Quoting jojo_star:

I realize you are Christian, but why do you always post common sense things that apply to all people, no matter the religion, but instead of just posting the ideal, you have to post it with religion, knowing you are going to get some nasty responses? I really love everything you post, because the majority of it applies to everyone, and I am not Christian. I think you'd get a better response, and get through to more people, if you left out the religious part of it. But if you like the drama it starts, go for it I guess. 

I make Christian posts because I am Christian and these are Bible verses. While yes they apply to everyone, If I post Christian posts and do not put that they are Christian posts then I catch all kinds of flack because I am "Shoving my religion down peoples throats, but I get that anyway even when I do put in the title that it is a Christian post. I guess I am damned if I do and I am damned if I don't. Everyone Knows I post these every day, and some people like to come in and stir the pot, It does not bother me, they are just doing me the favor of bumping my post back up to the top.

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

jojo_star
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

No, I get putting a warning on Christian posts, but why not post the message, without the religious overtones? For example for this one, write Help the least of a society to help the most, something like that. I think you'd get through to a lot more people. 

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting jojo_star:

I make Christian posts because I am Christian and these are Bible verses. While yes they apply to everyone, If I post Christian posts and do not put that they are Christian posts then I catch all kinds of flack because I am "Shoving my religion down peoples throats, but I get that anyway even when I do put in the title that it is a Christian post. I guess I am damned if I do and I am damned if I don't. Everyone Knows I post these every day, and some people like to come in and stir the pot, It does not bother me, they are just doing me the favor of bumping my post back up to the top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)