Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parents Pay Tattoo Artist Double to Make Their Daughter's Tattoo Painful & Ugly (VIDEO)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 109 Replies

Parents Pay Tattoo Artist Double to Make Their Daughter's Tattoo Painful & Ugly (VIDEO)

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

tattoo nightmareFor many parents, the idea of their 17-year-old daughter getting a tattoo is a true Tattoo Nightmare. But Kristina, star of Spike TV's Tattoo Nightmares, has parents who actually took it one step further than saying no. Not only did they sign the consent form, they paid for the tattoo artist to purposely flub up the tattoo to prevent her from wanting any more.

Say what?

Yes, her parents paid the tattoo artist double to make her experience so awful ("as ugly and as painful as possible") she would be "discouraged from wanting any more." This is just sick on so many levels.

See the video here.

As a parent, I agree with the idea that sometimes (many times), it's important for children to learn their own lessons. I will often let my kids go out in the cold without a coat, but will carry the coat with me to let them feel the cold and then ask for it. It's not worth the battle it would take to get them to understand.

But there is a difference between that and forcing my child to stand out in the cold with no coat just so they know what it's like. One is giving them the freedom to learn from their mistakes. The other is just cruel. It's taking it too far.

I am not sure what I would say if my 17-year-old wanted a tattoo, but I can promise you that I wouldn't sign the consent form and let her get something PERMANENT on her body just to teach her a lesson.

It's a disrespectful way to parent. The message is: You're an idiot and make bad choices, so let me show you the EXTREME consequence of those choices. It won't prevent a child from doing what they want to do, but it will hurt the parent's relationship with them.

Kristina said she has been angry at her parents for years. I don't blame her. If they were against tattoos, they should have said: "You can't get a tattoo until you are 18 and we think this is a terrible idea." Then let her wait and, if she still wants one, that's her own problem. The end.

All children learn lessons in their own time.

Do you think what these parents did was crazy?

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Isaw thisyesterday
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Iwould do what I have done no      not until they live in their own house and have their own money.  This was stupid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:59 AM
13 moms liked this
Didn't watch video. What kind of place did they take her to... No decent artist would do that to someone. I hope she covers it up with something huge and gorgeous. I would never forgive my parents and would likely try to sue the damn artist.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:00 AM
5 moms liked this
Well I think that tattoo artist should be ashamed. He/She clearly didn't care to have integrity in their work.

The parents are jerks and that's horrible. At least leaving the child in the child won't last forever. What immature parents.
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

What awful parents. Smh. 

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Just the fact that the tattoo artist purposely botched a tattoo is bad enough. The parents deserve to be excommunicated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

All tats are ugly and painful. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I've seen that show before and I don't believe half of the stories they tell. They get tattoo REMORSE.

michellej428
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
5 moms liked this

just watched the video...that's exactly what she did. she went on the show tattoo nightmares to get it covered up. now she has a big, beautiful owl covering it up :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Didn't watch video. What kind of place did they take her to... No decent artist would do that to someone. I hope she covers it up with something huge and gorgeous. I would never forgive my parents and would likely try to sue the damn artist.

Kitschy
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM

That whole thing is stupid all the way around. Stupid, stupid, stupid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)