Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Edit**Would you call CPS? If not what would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 174 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my ex is living with his parents. We have been divorced since sept of 2010. He says he can't afford to move out of his moms house. It is filthy from their 8 or more cats. Cat hair in the food and everything. I have three kids with him an 11 yr old boy a 7 yr old boy and an almost 6 yr old girl. He and my daughter share a bed and the boys sleep on a pullout mattress on his floor. Well today he pulled up to my daughters graduation in a brand new 2013 dodge pick up. I am so pissed that he didn't move out of that shit hole of a house. My kids come home sick every singe time they go!! Idk I have had a family member tell me to call CPS. Would you?

Ok just to clarify I am not pissed he got a truck I am pissed that he has been telling me he was trying to move out but now he can't because he got the truck. The house is so filthy there is a bathroom nobody can use because the toilet is rotting through the floor. The inside of it is black mold. There are comic books in the bathroom that are stacked there and now full of black mold. The cats sleep behind the toilet and then on the counters and they don't get washed before preparing food. The fire dept has come by to tell them to clean up the garage area because its a fire hazard. There is an extra bedroom in the house that is so filled with junk you can't open the door. My three kids and their dad all hang out in that bedroom which is about a 10x10 space. Maybe it's a little bigger but still they are all in there all the time to stay away from the cat hair and filth in the house an they even eat on my ex's bed

Also I don't want to report anything at all. I just want them to clean the damn house. But they are hoarders they see their crap and valuable. It's just like on the show hoarders. They have three sheds full of shot they have picked up at yard sales
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brenna
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm a mandated reporter. That's not a CPS issue.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I fail to see what the problem is.

tracy211
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I would.  If its' making your kids sick, call em!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM
13 moms liked this

This isnt a CPS issue. You may want to think about having visitation suspended until he finds a suitable place to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

CPS or the health department.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:27 PM
6 moms liked this

Really? Filthy living conditions aren't a CPS issue? Good to know...

Fjamrkr
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM
6 moms liked this
I'd start with a call to animal control to make sure they don't have too many pets in one home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Good idea

Quoting Fjamrkr:

I'd start with a call to animal control to make sure they don't have too many pets in one home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I would def call SOMEONE and let them take away his visitation until he gets his shit straight.. My nephew ended up sick everytime we let him go see his mom and we completely quit letting him visit so she quit having anything to do with him at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not? I have one with allergies an asthma and he is always sick when he comes home. Stuff is stacked so high in the garage that the fire dept came by and told them to clean it up because its a fire hazard. They should be on hoarders.

Quoting Brenna:

I'm a mandated reporter. That's not a CPS issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)