Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you try to be frIends with your husband' s friends' wives?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just because your husband's friend has a wife, do you try to be friends with her?

My husband doesn't need to friends with my friends husbands.
IDK. I just decided to let the ball drop with a "friend" like this. We never got along and it was made really clear we were only trying out of respect for our men, not each other. I'm just over it.
Who says I need to try to be friends with someone just by association? Is that the social norm and I'm just weird?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It is. We don't really have any friends outside of our church, so everyone is nice.

Quoting unsuspected:

That would be nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have to "try". We are all friends, we just get along.

NotTheirMom99
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has a best friend that is married.  I am very down to earth, positive, love my husband kind of person.  She is the exact opposite.  She is FAKE, complains constantly, and hates her husband.  I don't even know if she has any other friends.  So yes I am friends with her, but it is for my husband.  

mama_l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I do because DH tries with my friend's husbands. We also respect the fact that certain people don't mesh so we limit couple things with those people.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
No, they're bitches!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I'm good friends with 2 of them. The other not so much. She cray cray.
garnet83
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I try to avoid as many social encounter as possible. Dh is very social though and I tell him he is more than welcome to go out and have a great time with his friends. He understands that I don't like people in general and he doesn't make me come along. I like my family and that's about it. Anyone outside of that is just work.

Mystres
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Yes I have tried, because they are all my husbands HS friends also.  So they have known my husband longer.

we are friendly, chat, but that is all.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Not really friends, but I'd make the extra effort to get along with the wives.

soon2bmomof2grs
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Nope, mainly because we do not see people. Like he does not go any where... I do not really either.

lilpep100
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
The only friends dh hangs out with, are my friend's husbands. He might go see a movie with a guy from Sunday school, or a friend who is divorced from one of my friends. We hang out with them separately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)