Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you try to be frIends with your husband' s friends' wives?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just because your husband's friend has a wife, do you try to be friends with her?

My husband doesn't need to friends with my friends husbands.
IDK. I just decided to let the ball drop with a "friend" like this. We never got along and it was made really clear we were only trying out of respect for our men, not each other. I'm just over it.
Who says I need to try to be friends with someone just by association? Is that the social norm and I'm just weird?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:59 PM

No, my husband is a truck driver and while he was brought up in a worldly, wealthy home, most truck drivers were not so their wives are generally people I would have nothing in common with.  In addition we live in an area that is extremely rural, so the women that are from here are rural as well, while I'm more urban, it's just not a good fit.  I'm polite if I must associate with them, but unless our husbands are getting together, there would be no contact.  My husband understands that I don't fit in with them, so he limits the occasions we are with his friends and their families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I have tried, but I don't think we have all that much in common.  I may with a few of the other wives.  I know one that I will not get along with b/c of her desire to only follow the laws that she sees as necessary.  BTW she is an LEO.

He is however VERY good friends with my BFF's husband.  They have SO much in common.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I get along with all of my SO's friends wives.  

The wives just never cared much for his ex, though. LOL

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I've tried, honestly I have tried. But there is only so much crazy I can handle. One of his friend's wives is a heavy drinker and has serious temper issues when she drinks. She is incredibly offensive to her husband and insults him in front of others. Another one was having an open affair, and another wife expects her dh to pay all her child support (she has 5 kids, custody of none) and stays home while he works himself ragged to support her habits. The only wives I can be friends with are the couples we know from church. I told dh he needs better friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM
No.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM

My husband is friendly with my friends' boyfriends. I only have one married friend and she never comes around anymore. She kind of fell off the face of the Earth it would seem.

All of my husband's friends are single mostly. I am friends with some of his buddies' girlfriends.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
DF doesn't really hang out with anyone outside of work.. So this hasn't really come up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM
My dh doesn't hang out or invite his friend anymore since we got together. He sees everyone else at work.
Babybear89
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM
We are civil we don't go out of our way to hang out but its fun to do family get togethers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I try.i think one was gay
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)