Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you try to be frIends with your husband' s friends' wives?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just because your husband's friend has a wife, do you try to be friends with her?

My husband doesn't need to friends with my friends husbands.
IDK. I just decided to let the ball drop with a "friend" like this. We never got along and it was made really clear we were only trying out of respect for our men, not each other. I'm just over it.
Who says I need to try to be friends with someone just by association? Is that the social norm and I'm just weird?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Replies (61-64):
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My husbands friends dont have wives and only a couple have girlfriends and im not friends with them, but I dont really ever see them

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I do try.
I also try with the people he works with wives. It's turned into I like some and not the others. Lol, it's easy though, because dh is a boss..so I don't have to try that hard, some of them give me the creeps!
Iamvicann
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I can't stand my husband's best friends wives/girlfriends. He had 3 best friends 1 married 1 in a committed relationship. I will be civil but wil/ canl not be friends with women like them. They guys are also good friends of mine now and I can't stand the way either is treated and some of the underhanded bs these two women pull on them makes me want to strangle them. Both the guys for putting up with it and the girls for doing it.
steffielou_who
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:45 PM
No.. I'll be friendly but don't consider them my friends! Right now, my sister in law is my bestie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN