Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really dear? U r going to be a total sh**?!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
  • 59 Replies

Ok I love my husband very much. But today he pissed me off, a lot.

This afternoon, our dog, Odie, grabbed a bird out of the air and partially ate him right in front of my 6 year old.

My 6 year old son came running in the house crying. He was very upset, and it took me a while to calm him. He loves animals, so he was very sad and mad at the dog for doing it. I told him to "just stay away from the bird and dad would take care of the body when he get home. My 7 year old, who has autism, is freaking out when he heard about it. My 11 year old just about puked when he heard about the bird, (he has a very sensitive stomach).

My husband accuses me of treating our boys like babies. I was like wtf? He is like you told them to stay away from it.

Um yeah! The 11 year old just about threw up just hearing about, he has always been queasy when it comes to blood, and puke and body parts of an animal or person! My 7 year old has autism and was freaking about there being something dead in the yard! My 6 year old was CRYING for the poor bird. What the hell was I supposed to do?!

He said well one of the kids could have used a bag to pick up the body! WTF DEAR! No they can't1 THEY ARE KIDS! And one was trying not to turn green, the other was freaking, the youngest was crying, and I get grossed out like my oldest does about bird bodies, so I am not picking it up!

GOD I LOVE THE MAN BUT HE SURE PISSED ME OFF!

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM

0_O

HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Bump

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:03 PM
9 moms liked this
Your kids sound kinda wimpy but *shrug* why didn't YOU take care of the bird situation
HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM

First off they are little kids. I don't think they are wimpy at all. My oldest cannot even stand seeing his own blood, I am the same way. Just the way he is. My middle is autistic and delayed so you cannot fault him for that. My youngest is only 6 years old! And LOVES animals. Secondly, because I would puke if I tried to.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Your kids sound kinda wimpy but *shrug* why didn't YOU take care of the bird situation

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Your children seem very sensitive...I hope you explained that that is part of the animal world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky to have a husband who is sensitive to the kids being gentle-hearted. Your kids sounds like darlings :) Just remind your DH that "manliness" is extremely over rated. I see swaggering, spitting, nasty examples of "manly" men all the time. I personally prefer men who hug their sisters, respect their moms, and cry at the sad parts in movies or real life.

sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Dogs eat birds.....it's a part of life. A hawk came down and grabbed a bird and ripped it to shreds in front of my ds 4, niece 4, niece 3, and nephew 9...... They thought it was interesting, i guess. Maybe you could use it as a learning experience? But I wouldn't let the younger kids pick up a dead bird.
ninjakids
by Christina on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My friend told me to 'toughen up' ods. Hes very sensitive, he has cried watching peter rabbit and even Disney babies. Hes also only 3 (soon to be 4).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, I must agree, you sound like you baby them, like a lot. 11 is not a "little kid"
HappyMorgana
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not saying my 11 year old is little. But he gets very squeamish. If you throw up in front of him he runs to the bathroom to puke himself. He will never be a doctor or a nurse or a vet. And it's not the way I have raised him. He has always been that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I must agree, you sound like you baby them, like a lot. 11 is not a "little kid"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN