Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I put my youngest daughter up for adoption because I wanted a boy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 449 Replies

I put my youngest daughter up for adoption because I wanted a boy. I have 5 older daughters and we were trying so hard for a boy. My sister had been trying for a baby for years and the situation just worked out for everyone. At that time in my life I was so devestated about not having a boy. I think it would be hard for many people to understand. I felt like a failure, i felt that my DH was disappointed in me, I felt that god hated me. I am pregnant again and this time boy or girl I am letting my sister adopt him or her. 

ETA: just to clarify I was in a severe depression when this happened. I was not mentally stable. I do not feel this way now and half regret the adoption because I was so stupid but at the same time do not because of how happy her family is now. It is hard to explain. 

ETA2: This pregnancy was planned with the intentions of my sister adopting the baby. 

ETA3: I am going to explain more of the situation because it wasn't clear. When I got pregnant with my daughter all we were trying for was another baby. I had always hoped for a boy but we were not just trying for a boy. Everything was going great and we were happy until tragedy struck. My mother and grandmother died within a month of eachother. I was broken and for some reason I felt that having a boy would make everything better (clearly not rational thinking) when she wasn't a boy I just couldn't handle it. Adoption was the best thing. Even though my reason was horrible and disgusting adoption was better because I was not mentally able to have a baby at that point. This was 5 years ago. I do not feel this way now. All that matters is a healthy child. 

ETA4: Yes I KNOW that sperm determines the sex....

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
7 moms liked this
Gotta be a troll.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
13 moms liked this

I can't think of anything nice to say, so I'm leaving this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
14 moms liked this

........at least your sister has her. Uhhh, maybe it's time to stop having children if you are just going to keep giving them away for stupid reasons or no reason at all.

lucydiamond
by LD on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM
7 moms liked this

That's SO weird. I was literally just thinking about doing this for a troll post.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I smell something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I was in a bad point in my life. I am done having kids except for this surrogate pregnancy for my sister. I realize how messed up it was. I was not mentally stable at that point in my life. 

Quoting Anonymous:

........at least your sister has her. Uhhh, maybe it's time to stop having children if you are just going to keep giving them away for stupid reasons or no reason at all.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
13 moms liked this
Hey, you didn't kill it.
Good on you for that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
God, me too....
Just...horrible....

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't think of anything nice to say, so I'm leaving this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
20 moms liked this
DH was disappointed in YOU having a girl? He does know that he is responsible for gender right?
paknari
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
You do know the male decided the se right? Technically your DH was the disappointment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN