Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do with this child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Ok I need advice. Please don't say your child is a horrible monster or a brat... She really is a good kid.

She has been awful the last two weeks. I am at my witts end. My nerves are totally shot. She is three and a half.

Example: tonight, we made dinner, she was playing. She had a huge mess in the living room with her toys qhile i was cooking. She brought me a game and asked me to play. I told her if she picked up her toys while I did the dishes we would play. We sang our clean up song and she eagerly picked up about three toys. Then she came into the kitchen whining about the game. i remnided her if she picked up her toys we would play. She fell on the ground screaming and kicking. I picked her up and put her in time out. The whole time she screamed and refused tk stay in time out. She was flopping on the floor and started throwing toys. I spanked her, which was competely ineffective. She was still.screaming about that damn game. I told her no, if she was going to act like that it was bed time. I went into her room to get her pjs and she dumped my drink on the floor and took her arm and cleared off the table.
I just picked her up and put her in bed. She spent the next hour destroying her room and screaming bloodly murder. I went in there and told her multiple times to lay down. I laid her down, I out her in time out.

I just dont know what to do. Time outs, talking to her, taking toys, spanking etc, none of it phases her. These fits can last for two or three hours nefore she finally passes out. Ive always been very consistent with her in discipline. There haven't been any major changes. Whej she's acting grumpy I give her tyenol in case she doesn't feel good.

I just need a break. I can't deal with this anymore!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Bump
opal10161973
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Welcome to the terrible three's.  Some kids do not go through terrible two's and you think you are safe and then BAM!  The terrible three's happen.  It was probably worse because she was likely tired and fighting it.  All my kids had terrible three's and no terrible two's.  It too- will pass.  Just stay consistent and you will survive.  GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Bleh. I'm over it lol.

Quoting opal10161973:

Welcome to the terrible three's.  Some kids do not go through terrible two's and you think you are safe and then BAM!  The terrible three's happen.  It was probably worse because she was likely tired and fighting it.  All my kids had terrible three's and no terrible two's.  It too- will pass.  Just stay consistent and you will survive.  GL

GOBryan
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Put her in time out. Never give in when they act like that or you're simply rewarding her for bad behavior. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Go get some parenting classes you dimwit. You don't give a kid Tylenol for acting up "just in case she doesn't feel well."

She's a toddler and acting like one. Stop spanking and keep with the time outs, it's a phase and will pass if you treat her properly.
starlight91
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Just stay consistant , shes just testing her limits and will do this in many different ways through the years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I am very consistent with the time outs. We've done it for two hrs before until she calms down and listens. It's exhausting

Quoting GOBryan:

Put her in time out. Never give in when they act like that or you're simply rewarding her for bad behavior. 

gigis1
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Just keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like a bad phase but sometimes they happen.... unfortunately
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Idk spanking is very effective for me. Good luck doll.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Why would you give her medicine if you don't know for sure she's ill?

Anyways... Make a separate time area with no toys or anything to destroy... She should have picked up the stuffy she knocked off the table... Ways stay on top of her during time outs... She flops out of control, put her back and have her place her hands under her tush.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN