Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I said goodbye to the love of my life for the 14th time :'(

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 80 Replies
1 mom liked this

He left recently for his 14th deployment. Now, some of those deployments where short but some were long. It hurts more and more each time. Thankfully, he has two years left until he retires. We thought his first deployment was rough and it was only 3 months. That was many years and many tear ago. I would kill for a 3 month deployment again. It tears me up to see him get so emotional. Next to my children he is my world, my best friend. I hope and pray this is his very last one! Ugh this is gonna be a long 9-12 months! Tonight like all first nights will be pure hell. The nights are always the hardest. Thank you for listening to my ramblings.

EDIT: Just so everyone understand, although some of the deployments were short they were still deployments. He got hazordous duty pay and hazordous fire pay as well as seperation pay each and every time! The units called them deployments as well. They were by definition deployments. 

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM
:( Im so sorry.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM
You can make it! Just keep in contact as much as you can. And like you said, he is so close to retiring. :) Good luck.
wymama610
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Hugs to you and your family! Thank you so much for the sacrifices you make to help maintain the safety of this wonderful Nation.

jaydensmom1726
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you to your husband and you and your family for supporting him while he is gone

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM
My goodness. I couldn't handle that at all.
harream
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Totally understand :-( we did 4 but I was thankfull I got to go on the last 2! My hubby retired in Jan and we are glad to be done. Hope the time goes quickly for you and we can retire without leaving again.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM

You're in the homestretch....don't lose it now!

waffa
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM

stay in close contact, and be strong for him and the family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
What is his job?
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly couldn't do it. I could not be selfless enough to make that sacrifice. Thank you for allowing your husband to defend our country and making such a sacrifice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured