Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the healthiest/best diet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
And by diet I don't mean a program you follow to lose weight. I mean the best/healthiest lifestyle .

I've been eating so unhealthy lately and I need a lifestyle change. Losing some extra lbs would be nice, but the way I eat now any healthier eating would help me drop lbs. my main concern is being healthy though, I'm not really over-weight.

Eta*

I'm kind of looking for something more specific. Vegan, Mediterranean, paleo etc. this way I can read up more and reorganize my pantry, revamp my cook book and have guidelines to follow until I am more informed/ comfortable to continue it without looking up recipes and what not. If that makes sense.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I'm the wrong person to answer. I just had some twizzlers lol!

doulala
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I like the Paleo diet for that.

:-)

vvinkyloafer
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I've just stuck to more raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts; more beans and barley; green tea in the morning, and walking or running each day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Mmmmm...I have such a sweet tooth right now! Lol.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I'm the wrong person to answer. I just had some twizzlers lol!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:02 AM

A  variety of food that meets all the human minimum needs and stays within a decent calorie range for your body size. 

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Eating things as close to their natural state as possible. Stuff you could eat without involving technology or electricity. Raw fruit and veg, unprocessed grain, grain fed meat, basically nothing from the interior shelves of the store, shop the perimeter.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Paleo
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Honestly, toss out the shit and replace it with fruits veggies, lean meats, organic if you can and stick with water. Thats the easiest most simplest way to put it. I try to drink a gallon of water a day. I have presliced cucumbers in baggies, cheese sticks, bagged raw almonds, diced melons if I feel hungry or a snack attack coming on. I feel so much better and I don't find myself craving crap food like I did before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Fresh or frozen veggies, nuts (plain, not coated in crap and almonds are the best kind), yogurt, nothing processed or fried, no sweets, lean meats (preferably chicken), no sodas tea or coffee, water or 100% fruit juice only (preferably all water but 100% juice won't throw you off).

Excercise every day. Swim, walk, bike. Those are the best things to do.

It's really not that hard.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
My doctor says anti candida so that's what we have been following for almost a year now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)