Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exes and Songs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I'm up, trying to have a good day. I put on the radio. Then there it is, the song my DH once shared with an ex.

Immediately puts me in a shitty mood. I know, immature. What about you guys? What about songs with exes? Is it hard to listen to them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM
My dh and his ex had songs together... It doesn't phase me because I don't think about his past... Just our present and future...

I'd be upset if the chick kept trolling around causing trouble... Then the song would make me upset
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:42 AM
You are really over thinking it. It's not a big deal..hell it's not even a little deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
I know. I said it's immature! Haha..

She trolled a bit in the beginning of our relationship, saying he was settling for me because she couldn't be with him.

We're married now, I don't know why I'm still bitter!

Quoting wickedfiress:

You are really over thinking it. It's not a big deal..hell it's not even a little deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Please, show me the ways. I'm just a grudge holding kinda person! I need to get over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh and his ex had songs together... It doesn't phase me because I don't think about his past... Just our present and future...

I'd be upset if the chick kept trolling around causing trouble... Then the song would make me upset
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM
I hate being in love with a whore... Ha
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:50 AM
It's a choice you have to make.

Ask yourself:

Is this person important enough to me that I want to spend time, energy, and emotions on her?

If the answer is no, stop thinking about her.

If you let yourself spend time tending to the seed it will grow. Change the subject in your head if you find yourself doing so and eventually you will just not think about her anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please, show me the ways. I'm just a grudge holding kinda person! I need to get over it..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Thank you.

Old habits die hard.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Ask yourself:

Is this person important enough to me that I want to spend time, energy, and emotions on her?

If you let yourself spend time tending to the seed it will grow. Change the subject in your head if you find yourself doing so and eventually you will just not think about her anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM
No problem.

Letting go is not always easy, but it always feels great in the end.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you.

Old habits die hard.

Quoting wickedfiress:

Ask yourself:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured