Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so tired of being poor! update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
I hate it! I hate living paycheck to paycheck! I can't live off $250 a week. I'm starting a new job next week and even though it's more it still won't be enough. I need to move out and get my own place but I don't know how to get a job making more money. I've worked in an office before and still didn't make enough to move out. This area is way to expensive but I'm stuck here because of the Bio-dad. How do people do it? How do you survive as a single parent only working one job? I can't do it!!!!

Update- I wasn't expecting this to blow up over night. I'll respond back to everyone later today when I'm not working. But here's a few answers of repeated questions:
1) more schooling isn't an option right now as I'm still trying to pay off my original school loans equalling almost $20k
2) I have a skilled trade job that I went to school for in the mechanic field. I chose this job because it's something I love to do. My step father is also a mechanic and makes $60k+ a year so it's not a low wage job it just doesn't pay 100k+ like some other jobs. I wasn't looking for a get rich quick job, just something I can live comfortably on.
3) for everyone telling me to find a new job...learn to read please. I'm starting a new job on Thursday making more money. But I'm not sure if it's going to be enough to live on my own just yet.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loving.life
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Can you try a room mate... sharing expenses? Gl sweetie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Where do you live?
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Can't you move away if you can prove that it will provide a better life for you and your child? I thought you could....

Anyway, the roommate idea is good.
mamoore83
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Yeah try getting a roommate. Going back to school for something, getting a trade. Good luck you can do it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM

most single parents surviving on one job, have degrees and a good paying job to support themselves and kids..and they get child support too

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM
This!

Quoting mamoore83:

Yeah try getting a roommate. Going back to school for something, getting a trade. Good luck you can do it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
You are not alone, i hate being poor too.

I am married but only one is working. We are digging ourselves out of the hole but it is hard
AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:17 AM

is bio dad your ex husband?

if so file for maintenance/alimony, are you getting child support?

GOBryan
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:22 AM
5 moms liked this

You ARE doing it, you just don't like it. You got to just keep trying. Start networking and see if you can meet someone that will help you advance. Go back to school and get a degree. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I can't afford anything except the bills I already have in my plate, and I'm struggling with them. I'm eventually getting a place with my bf but finances needs to get better first.

Quoting loving.life:

Can you try a room mate... sharing expenses? Gl sweetie!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN