Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daughters boyfriend sleeping over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 661 Replies
7 moms liked this

DD is 16 and will be a senior this year and working this summer.  DH and I are taking the younger kids on vacation next week and my 16 year old will be staying home and wants her boyfriend to stay at our house.  Her boyfriends parents are ok with this and I think husband and I are going to let them.  They are both great kids and she is on birth control and they use condoms so pregnancy is not a big concern.  Plus my mom lives 3 doors down so she can check on them in case of emergency.  Has anyone else been through this before? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YuppyMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
125 moms liked this
I can't fathom being okay withh a.16 year old being sexually active. *shudder*
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM
44 moms liked this
Well obviously you know they are already having sex, so what would the difference be? It's not like you are giving them opportunity to start something they haven't done yet.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM
22 moms liked this

I wouldn't leave my 16 yr home alone. Too much temptation for trouble. Why isnt she going on family vacation ?

Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM
53 moms liked this
I wouldn't be comfortable with my DD playing house with her boyfriend while I was away, regardless if she was having sex already or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM
30 moms liked this
Congrats on being a grandma. Glad you're okay with it.
kimsamomof3
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
56 moms liked this
Wow! There is no way in hell that this would be happening in my home. I don't and I won't make it easy for my children to have sex. Promoting safe sex is great but to openly allow it to happen is another issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
35 moms liked this

Seriously???  If your mom lives 3 doors down, have her stay there!  Could she pop over to your house unbeknownst to the family and have sex?  Probably.  But - at least this way - you don't look like you are encouraging this behavior.  You DO know that birth control isn't 100%, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
19 moms liked this

No, I am not at that point yet, but I can say for now I'd be saying NO.  I'm raising my sons to respect my morals and home while they live under my roof.  I know teen sex might happen, and I'll make sure they are well educated and have access to protection, but I'm not going to condone it and encourage it by giving them a free and clear empty house, either.

It might be different because I have sons.  But I worry not just about a possible pregnancy, but a pissed off teenage girl crying rape with no witnesses and my husband and I halfway across the country.  Sadly, I knew girls who did this far too often in HS.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

ummmm NO!!! do you not remember when you were 16?! yea...bad idea

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM
9 moms liked this

If your mom is 3 doors down your daughter should be fine by herself. And if not, she can go stay with grandma. Why in the world is she not going on the family vacation though?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN