Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daughters boyfriend sleeping over?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DD is 16 and will be a senior this year and working this summer.  DH and I are taking the younger kids on vacation next week and my 16 year old will be staying home and wants her boyfriend to stay at our house.  Her boyfriends parents are ok with this and I think husband and I are going to let them.  They are both great kids and she is on birth control and they use condoms so pregnancy is not a big concern.  Plus my mom lives 3 doors down so she can check on them in case of emergency.  Has anyone else been through this before? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
amber710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
I would either have her go on the family vacation or go stay with her grandma.

The only reason he would want to stay the night is to sleep with her...otherwise he would leave and come back in the morning. I am actually really shocked that you are encouraging your teenager to have sex. There is a difference between knowing abstractly thaT your child is probably doing it and giving them a house to be alone in 24/7 for however long you will be gone.

Obviously, you think this is okay and are not going to change your mind. But I think that is bad parenting. She is not an adult yet, and you are treating her like one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd let them.

anitarichman
by Anita on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

DITTO

Quoting starlight91:

While I understand they are going to have sex whether their want them to or not, but no I would not be okay with it. My dd is 18 and on bc and I would never allow her to have sex in my home, let alone play house with her bf while Im on vacation. Its disrepectful and if she wants to play house , she can move out and do it on her own dime.

elle7777
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hell fucking no. If one of my three daughters wants a boyfriend to sleep over they had better be 18 plus or paying for their own place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM
That would NEVER happen!

And since she asked she would not be staying at home she would be staying with grandma!

If you allow this, get used to hearing grandma and grandpa! Smh
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Right, no closed doors and/or everyone sleeps in the living/family room. That's how it worked at my house.

Quoting YuppyMom:

Also, I am fine w/ co-ed sleepovers....but with supervision..not with an "okay" to have sex....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Next season on 16 & PREGNANT : This ladies daughter...........

amber710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Birth control is not 100% effective either. My MIL had 4 of her 5 kids while on birth control (pills with the first two, the shot with the next, and condoms with the 4th. Condoms break and even birth control that is taken properly can fail.

Which is why people shouldn't have sex until they are mature and independant enough to handle an accidental pregnancy. Even if my daughter were 17 or 18 I wouldn't encourage someone who is still dependant on me and unemployed to have a guy stay the night and risk the consequences. I just don't think it is a smart risk to encourage when YOU are the one who would end up paying for it if something did happen...I wouldn't want that on my shoulders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snakesNsnails
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My 16 yo dd would not even be unsupervised long enough to have sex with her boyfriend. No way would she be left home alone like that.

baileyquarters
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:41 AM
3 moms liked this
A family vacation would probably be good for a sexually active 16 year old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)