Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Daughters boyfriend sleeping over?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DD is 16 and will be a senior this year and working this summer.  DH and I are taking the younger kids on vacation next week and my 16 year old will be staying home and wants her boyfriend to stay at our house.  Her boyfriends parents are ok with this and I think husband and I are going to let them.  They are both great kids and she is on birth control and they use condoms so pregnancy is not a big concern.  Plus my mom lives 3 doors down so she can check on them in case of emergency.  Has anyone else been through this before? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (81-90):
hopeym23
by J3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Well, if you are ok with them having sex then go ahead.  Not something I would be ok with but not my DD.  Have fun on your vacation!

Idntreallycare
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

oh Lord, Joey... I was wondering where you were hiding out.

Quoting YuppyMom:

So because YOU had loose morals, all teens do? I was raised that teens having sex was NOT normal and that if you want a decent future you refrain from something ghat could potentially destroy it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I call bull shit. but whatever

Quoting YuppyMom:

Um...I was'...nor at 17...or 18...or 19.....

Quoting Anonymous:

You guys act like you weren't sexually active at 16. Lord

Quoting YuppyMom:

I can't fathom being okay withh a.16 year old being sexually active. *shudder*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

That they do. But I've known my daughter for 21 years. I know what she looks like when she lies (she is the worst liar ever). I also know that my daughter would come to me - like she did when she had her first kiss; like she did when her and her boyfriend broke up, like she did to ask my permission to stay at this guys house even though she had no need to. She also is not on any birth control and has made a promise to both me and herself (and whatever guy she DOES loose her virginity to) that she will not have sex without birth control as she knows she isn't ready to raise a child. So yes - I am sure she's a virgin. Not that it's my business. Or yours. But - I trust and know my daughter. That's all I need

Quoting Anonymous:

People lie.

Quoting Anonymous:

It did and she is. She grew up knowing that when it happened that I was there for any questions, condolences, pain, etc. I have asked her and told her that just because she lives with me does not mean she will be punished or made to feel bad for it. She told me that she is a virgin, that her friend is not anything more than a friend and neither of them have any interest in crossing that line. She knows that if they ever got together I would support them, and has told me she has no reason to lie to me. I believe her. I know my daughter well enough to know what to believe. Thanks for your concern though :)

Quoting emeraldangel20:

Hate to tell your but if that really happened you don't have a 21 year old virgin

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh no. There is no way at 16 my daughter would even have a CHOICE in going away with us. There is no way she would be unsupervised (as in - alone without any other people - people who would be disgusted and call security) with a boy. There is no way she would be sexually active at 16. For the record - I have a 21yo who is a virgin. She's had 2 boys stay the night (3 year gap between each boy) the first one she was 18 and he stayed in my sons room. The second one was a friend of hers and I trusted them enough to stay in her room together. That happened twice. She has stayed at his house unsupervised 3 or 4 times (all over 18) and is STILL a virgin. So I would be putting my foot down on this one. Nobody gets to have sex in my house unless both names are on the rent. So - Only me and DH.

RADmomma
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM
My parents let my boyfriend stay with me in high school. I also slept over his house twice a week. We were a long term relationship. I was a responsible kid. They knew were sexually active & protected. What's the difference. If you tell her no, he's going to stay anyways... If they are already having safe sex then they are not going to skip out on that protection hat because it on vacation...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Do what your comfortable with. When I was 16 my boyfriend moved in with us and he also shared my bedroom and bed. He lived with us for 8months and I dated him for 4yrs. My dad actually invited him to move in because his mother kicked him out the day he turned 18. You know your family, not these women.
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM

at 16, i wouldn't let DD and her bf have the house to themselves for even an hour let alone a few days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Well its apparent that you know she's having sex so in this case i wouldn't mind
CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

No, I hesitate saying never, but I am pretty sure that we will never be in this situation. I seriously think my husband would stroke out. And plus, our daughter is a lot like me in that she does not like affection so if she is anything like me she will be a pretty good age when she starts. 

Lorik1969
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I went through this with my dd also. Your daughter sounds mature and responsible. Instead of sneaking him in through the back door so grandma wont't see, she acted like an adult and asked for permission. When we left without dd we knew the boyfriend would be here. It would only be for a few days, and we didn't allow it when we were home. Sometimes you just have to be realistic. It stinks to realize your baby is growing up, but at the same time you can feel good knowing you've done a good job!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know about you - but if I said no to something as insane as this - in the same breath I'd also be saying "Oh and pack a bag - you're coming with us."

Quoting RADmomma:

My parents let my boyfriend stay with me in high school. I also slept over his house twice a week. We were a long term relationship. I was a responsible kid. They knew were sexually active & protected. What's the difference. If you tell her no, he's going to stay anyways... If they are already having safe sex then they are not going to skip out on that protection hat because it on vacation...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)