Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This horse has been beaten, but..

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 57 Replies
3 moms liked this

I saw this on Facebook.

A man who doesn't want his child is called a deadbeat dad, a woman who doesn't want her child is called pro-choice. 

Thoughts?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Its different because, with one, the child is there, being ignored by the father.

The other is one, where the fetus isn't even born, and its just a little fetus, its too little to really feel the effects of being ignored and unwanted.

EarlGrayHot
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts are this is more nonsense from anti-abortion extremists.  It's based on the falacy that a fetus is a child and it isn't.  There are no scientific facts that determine a fetus is a human being at conception, just right wingers who try to push this on us.  A fetus has the potential to become a human being but is not a human being at conception.

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Me too!

Quoting KMadsen:

I agree with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
3 moms liked this

Double standard:(

squocket
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I don't think pro-choice was the right word to use.

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I totally agree with this statement. Not what the op wrote.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its different because, with one, the child is there, being ignored by the father.

The other is one, where the fetus isn't even born, and its just a little fetus, its too little to really feel the effects of being ignored and unwanted.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous:

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I didn't write it, lady!!! LOL, I know what you meant.

Quoting Buggy979:

I totally agree with this statement. Not what the op wrote.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM
3 moms liked this
But a man has no say over what happens to that fetus. So its not fair that because the mother chose to keep a child he didn't want then he becomes a dead beat dad. Her body, her choice, her responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)