Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vaccines Work...Picture

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here is the link http://www.vaccines.com/why-vaccinate-fact-02.cfm

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM
4 moms liked this
We also have better hygiene, access to clean drinking water, better food storage and preparation, etc. There is no way we can say that vaccines alone are responsible for the decline of these diseases.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM
We don't give all the vaccines and we don't follow the drs schedule either. We do our research on every vaccination and we go from there. There is NO way I am ever going to give my child the 46 vaccines they 'require.'

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PrissyAnne:

We also have better hygiene, access to clean drinking water, better food storage and preparation, etc. There is no way we can say that vaccines alone are responsible for the decline of these diseases.

Funny how correlation equals causation when defending vaccines and it is logical fallacy otherwise.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
6 moms liked this

I have 5 children. They are all fully vaccinated. Not a single one of my children has ever had a severe negative reaction to any of the vaccines. Furthermore, none of my children have had one single disease for which they have been vaccinated for! On the flip-side, my cousin's crazy ex-wife has refused to have their son vaccinated at all!! Guess what! He almost died from whooping cough!! He was hospitalized for 2 weeks!!! Between my mom and her sister, they have 14 grandchildren. 13 of the 14 grandchildren are fully immunized. The only one to get sick, was the one I mentioned above! The rest are all healthy and for those who believe vaccines cause autism, not one of the grandchildren have autism! They are actually all very intelligent, get excellent grades, no ADD/ADHD etc!! To each their own though!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I was born pre vaccination. I had measles, mumps and chicken pox.  I remember being terribly sick. My kids have never had any of those diseases, and one fo my kids has never even run a fever over 101-and he is 10!

I had indoor plumbing and a septic tank and well water. my kids have indoor plumbing a septic tank and well water.

Not sure how much different it is sanitation wise. Oh and I was born JUST as polio vaccinations were coming out.

As we all know polio is caused by oral fecal contamination-also known as baby pooping in any kind of diaper in the water-including a swim diaper. Not sure how we managed to stop that from happening...oh wait we haven't.

In the late 50's people wouldn't go to a pool or the beach for fear of polio.

PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Ok. Let's talk about all the bad things that have been on the rise since mass vaccination was introduced. Cancer, autism, ADD and ADHD, etc. There is no proof that vaccines caused these things either, just like there is no proof that vaccines have anything to do with the decline of these diseases. Is it possible that vaccines are responsible (partially or fully) for both, yes. It's also possible that they are responsible for neither. If you are fine with your kid being a government lab rat, that's fine. But, not everyone feels that that is best for their family and that's fine too. If your kids are vaccinated then you have nothing to worry about.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PrissyAnne:

Funny how correlation equals causation when defending vaccines and it is logical fallacy otherwise.  

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Only those numbers don't correlate to when the different vaccines came out, it starts when knowledge of illnesses and how they spread started to take off.

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PrissyAnne:

correlation being the key word there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

you are right but you will never convince the anti vaxers.  Also those saying we have clean water and better hygiene?  What do you think it was like living in the 1800s when polio was rampant?  People had clean water and hygiene then too. Middle class people HAD proper food as well.  Your point about better hygiene is invalid.  They year I was born(1964) many babies were born deaf due to their mom being exposed to rubella.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do with hygiene and clean drinking water, obviously we had that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting PrissyAnne:

those of us who were born in the 40s, 50s and 60s most certainly DID have clean drinking water and hygiene. The 40s and 50s kids were pre vaccine, and were not living like it was the 1800s, what a silly thing to say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)