Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I report my daughter's daycare to DHHS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies

My daughter has been going to a daycare for 3 years now.  I've never really had an issue with them before.  One of the other moms, we will call her A, (whose kids go there) was just investigated for child abuse about a month ago, but the case was closed because there wasn't enough evidence.  The daycare was the one who called the state for abuse because the kids were coming to daycare with facial burns from a Scentsy burner (which A acknowledged and said they deserved it) and the kids would have scratches all over them and the kids said that their parents would hold them down when they were naughty and make the other kids scratch the naughty kids faces and torsos.  A also has untreated Bipolar.  I know all this because we USED to talk on fb before she was investigated for abuse and I realized she was unstable.  Well, the daycare just hired A to work there full time.  I don't really feel comfortable with A around my kid.  I am afraid that if I bring it up to the directors, it will get back to A.  And A is insane, so I'm a little scared of what she would do in retaliation.  For now, I haven't taken dd back to the daycare.  But I'm wondering if I should report the daycare?  I really liked that daycare and loved having dd there until they hired A a couple weeks ago.  Do you think the state should know that they hired someone who has an untreated mental illness and was just investigated for child abuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
9 moms liked this

Yes, the state should know this.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Yes, I do. And I would feel the same way as you, and my kids would never go back to that center.
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure why they hired her, you have every right to pull your child and to tell them why, but calling anyone when nothing is really 'proven' will get you no where.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Thank you.

Quoting AllofFive19:

Yes, the state should know this.

sgillen
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Report it! Think about all those kids who she is taking care of :(

im confused as to why they would hire her after reporting her for child abuse?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Thank you.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Yes, I do. And I would feel the same way as you, and my kids would never go back to that center.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yeah, that's what I was wondering too.  Like, I don't think that lady should be working there at all.  But idk if the state is actually going to do anything about it.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'm not sure why they hired her, you have every right to pull your child and to tell them why, but calling anyone when nothing is really 'proven' will get you no where.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. That makes no sense.

Quoting sgillen:

Report it! Think about all those kids who she is taking care of :(

im confused as to why they would hire her after reporting her for child abuse?

cakbr
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Call.

The only thing is if her child abuse was unfounded, chances are nothing will happen.

Strange that if it was the daycare who reported her... Why the hell would they hire her?

Definitely pull your dd from that place.
eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
The state can take "annonymous" reports. They should NEVER give out the name of thebperson who reported anything like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN