Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby shower question...edited with more info

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My best friend April has been friends with me since we were 5. My friend Julia has been my friend for 11 years. Julia is throwing me a shower. I'm afraid that April will be a little hurt that Julia is throwing the shower and not her. I threw Julia's shower so I know it can be expensive. She wants to return the favor, but isn't in the best financial shape. Should I ask April if she wants to co-host? Or would that be wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm...not sure with that one lol. Maybe ask Julia if she would be willing to ask April if shed like to help, but not knowing you said something. Usually the person getting the shower has no say so she shouldnt be mad at you either way.

LOVEZOEY
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

If she says something about helping then let her, otherwise I'd leave it. Some people just don't like planning parties (me included)

fliptopz4
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Every shower I have been to the hostess volunteered to do it. So if April hasn't volunteered she may not be able to. Believe it or not hosting a shower is expensive and time consuming. Not everyone has the means to do it, and some people are just not comfortable doing it.

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Julia didn't ask April if she wanted to help? Maybe let April know her plans so she has the option of volunteering to help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I should add the 2 don't know each other. Also, Julia isn't in the best financial shape. I threw her baby shower and so she wants to return the favor but I'm afraid it may be a strain on her.

Quoting fliptopz4:

Every shower I have been to the hostess volunteered to do it. So if April hasn't volunteered she may not be able to. Believe it or not hosting a shower is expensive and time consuming. Not everyone has the means to do it, and some people are just not comfortable doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:40 AM
They don't know each other

Quoting LadyNCVE:

Julia didn't ask April if she wanted to help? Maybe let April know her plans so she has the option of volunteering to help.

fliptopz4
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I should add the 2 don't know each other. Also, Julia isn't in the best financial shape. I threw her baby shower and so she wants to return the favor but I'm afraid it may be a strain on her.

Quoting fliptopz4:

Then talk to April and tell her the situation and ask her if she wants to help to call Julia and offer. It would be a great way to get the two of them together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I don't think she'll be mad, but we have been through so much together. She has made a point to be involved in my life when my parents got divorced and I didn't want to be friends. I was a teenager then. I just don't want her to feel left out I reckon

Quoting krusesbaby:

Hmmm...not sure with that one lol. Maybe ask Julia if she would be willing to ask April if shed like to help, but not knowing you said something. Usually the person getting the shower has no say so she shouldnt be mad at you either way.

kimmaylove013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I would suggest they do it together

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:50 AM
That's probably a good idea. Thanks!

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fliptopz4:

Then talk to April and tell her the situation and ask her if she wants to help to call Julia and offer. It would be a great way to get the two of them together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN