Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O baby shower ?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Is a shower for your second child tacky? Whatabout third?

Whatabout if you know its a different sex?

I didnt get a shower or even after birth little get together for my ds because he was baby 2 and I expect the same with my third one. My family just doesnt think anyone but the first baby needs a shower. I fully understand the third one because we already have a boy and a girl and dont need anything really but diapers. Someone threw my cousin a diaper shower for her 5th baby and the ages of children were very close. I dont want it for gifts at all but I thought it would have been nice to have a little get together for my ds and even this one when he/its (not finding out the sex) was/is born. Instead everyone acted like he wasnt as important because he wasnt the first. People kept asking if I was doing anything and I would always respond "Its tacky for the mother to throw a shower for herself, its like saying I expect presents, so unless someone else is throwing it, no i dont think we are having one but you can come to the hospital after if youd like." I do think that a mother throwing the shower or the bride throwing the bridal party etc.. is tacky.

What are your oppinions? Did you get a shower for more than your first?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I had a baby shower for both of my kids. My son was born in Indiana. My sister wanted to throw me a shower. My daughter was born 3 years later & in California. My church threw me a surpise baby shower.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

my DS was born 2007, and my DD was born in 2009.  had 2 showers.  every chid should be showered, same sex, different sex, if u have 10 have 10 showers.  big deal

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Everyone here has a baby shower for each kid. Its about celebrating the new baby and that is never tacky.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Thats what I think but I dont want to throw one for myself lol thats awefull. Maybe we will plan a meet the baby party afterwards since we arent telling anyone the sex.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

my DS was born 2007, and my DD was born in 2009.  had 2 showers.  every chid should be showered, same sex, different sex, if u have 10 have 10 showers.  big deal

Alexandria622
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I have had a shower for all 3 of my children.

the first and 2nd are both girls (3 1/2 years apart)

2nd and 3rd (boy) are 16 months apart.

I never threw my own showers. My mom threw #1, cousin threw #2, and MIL threw #3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN