Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't take the noises anymore!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I realize that aspies will make noises and my 7 y/o son is no different..... He always has to make some sort of sound and it cracks my nerves everything e he shrieks or yells or what ever sound he is making at the moment. Usually, I'll just tell him to stop it and he stops.... Lately, he is non stop noises! Sirens and laughs and whistles and shrieks and simpy any kind of noise that you can think of making. 

It's tearing  me apart! I can feel my decent into madness with every noise that he WON'T quit making!NONSTOP! He won't even quit when I tell him to now and usually just mocks me sounds like a parrot. 

Im trying to make sure his brain is occupied.... Games (leapster and the like) and drawing and even a few chores. Trying to get him to talk to me..... Anything to keep him from making noises..... But it's not working anymore! He's making noises even through "keeping his mind occupied! 

I need help please!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Aaaaaaaah!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Sounds like my son. Drives me nuts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Thats a kind of sensory behavior isn't it? My asd kids do that too, I just mentally trained myself to get used to it
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hmmmmm...my stepson sometimes does a constant "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"  he has gotten better but it would literally last for HOURS and HOURS all day, everyday when he was younger.  It affected me like it does you for a while but then I learned to kind of tune it out.....he still does it every now and then but thankfully it's not constant anymore.  He is 11 now and a non verbal autistic boy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)