Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AAP finally changes carseat requirements

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
3 moms liked this
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/aaps-new-car-seat-guidelines-change-rear-facing-booster-rules-2466904.html

About time. Your doctor will now start telling you to RF to two.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
She told me that already.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I thIought they been saying that since 2009. It was a big thing on CM at the time.
pregnantmama105
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

well the carseat we have rf until 36inch (height) or 40lbs(what ever comes first)... my son is already 32 inch. so I hope  he doesnt reach 36inch before two... hes growing like a weed. btw he is 17 months

KatrinaMae
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM
16 moms liked this

The AAP changes everything all the time. I honestly don't pay much attention to them and do what I feel is best for my child. If I went by what they said I would have been parenting my child with a hundred different methods for the last three years...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I agree with this 100%.

Quoting KatrinaMae:

The AAP changes everything all the time. I honestly don't pay much attention to them and do what I feel is best for my child. If I went by what they said I would have been parenting my child with a hundred different methods for the last three years...

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Well, we will see what happens. My doc looked at me with 2 heads when I told him my ds was still rear facing at 14 mos. He told me to turn him ff, that he would like to see the world around him. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
The AAP also recommends circumcision. I stopped listening to them long ago...I have my children's best interest at heart and I rf til max of the seat and don't booster til over 4 yes/40lbs
emandab
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Well the article is from 2011, but yeah I agree they've been recommending (not requiring) this for years.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thIought they been saying that since 2009. It was a big thing on CM at the time.

MommyOfOne2710
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Yup. And I love when people cite the AAP as a resource for their opinions and then disagree with them about everything else.

Quoting KatrinaMae:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)