Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AAP finally changes carseat requirements

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/aaps-new-car-seat-guidelines-change-rear-facing-booster-rules-2466904.html

About time. Your doctor will now start telling you to RF to two.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
My dr told me that for the first 2 years off DDs life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM
not bashing, but holy crap! That is a big one year old. My almost 5 year old is only 43 inches, a one year old that big?! I couldn't imagine. I know kind of off topic lol sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I think a 40lb one year old is a whole different problem.........

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
That article is from 2011.

Pediatricians have been recommending maxing out their seats for years now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Not when they are 42 inches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Your one year old was 42 inches tall?

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

That does seem a little off. My ds just turned 4 and is 40 lbs and 41 inches. Geez.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
The AAP recommends a lot of things, and constantly changes. So really until the laws change, this is irrelevant.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad mine are out of car seats. I'd hate to be a mother of young kids these days. Things change every other day. Lol
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I do what's best for my child.
Every study, every new rule, every new requirement just drives you crazy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)