Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

AAP finally changes carseat requirements

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/aaps-new-car-seat-guidelines-change-rear-facing-booster-rules-2466904.html

About time. Your doctor will now start telling you to RF to two.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Your one year old was the size of a five year old?

Bullshit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Until I am told by a law enforcement person, I will forward face at the age of 1 and over 20 pounds. 

But thanks.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no way a one year old is 42 inches tall unless the have gigantsim or something.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

That does seem a little off. My ds just turned 4 and is 40 lbs and 41 inches. Geez.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think a 40lb one year old is a whole different problem.........

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

NewInChrist
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Ds is almost 20 months, he's 32" and not even 30 lbs. He will be rear facing until I feel he's safe to turn around. He has a convertible car seat that he can stay rf in until 40 lbs, which quite a ways away...
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Eh AAP can recommend all they want, doesn't mean people will listen till it is a law. My DD is still rfing and she is almost 3. Her dr said I am probably the only one she has heard of that happening, but I did my research and I know what was safer and that is what I choose for my child.

NewInChrist
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up internal decapitation.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Until I am told by a law enforcement person, I will forward face at the age of 1 and over 20 pounds. 

But thanks.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Sorry this will post twice, I hit enter too fast but yea...this says is just a recommendation, not a law

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

But thanks.

do11face
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I agree with their recommendations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2adandykid
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

lol did you read the date on this article? 

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM
That article is over 2 years old. This has been the recommendation for quite awhile.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)