Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't feel bad.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 23 Replies

Today in our local paper there was a woman that caught fire to her house from smoking while on Oxygen. She is crying how she has NO apt or NO belongs. I don't feel bad we all know the dangers of smoking and oxygen. Her home health aid was there too, letting her smoke! I think she should lose her job for this too. 

Maybe she'll quit now.. 

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vvinkyloafer
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think she deserved to have that happen but I suppose they both should have known better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope not at all. I didn't say that. I just said I don't feel bad it happened. Smoking is nasty to begin with and then add O2 to the mix. 

I am a CNA and our job is to keep ours safe, well her aid needs to be fired!

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

I don't think she deserved to have that happen but I suppose they both should have known better.

nolongermstkn
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I agree. And thump it was a stupid thing to do. Its nit the oxygen that's flammable, it just feeds the fire and makes it burn faster.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

She's an idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
My niece is dating a loser who cooks meth, he is in the burn center with burns over 70% of his body I don't feel bad for him either. Stupid people.
nolongermstkn
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Her home health aide can't legally stop her. Its the clients right to smoke when, where and how she wants to. She can warn her of the dangers but not restrict her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I am a CNA and no we can't stop but we can warn. In that case I would walk out. 

Quoting nolongermstkn:

Her home health aide can't legally stop her. Its the clients right to smoke when, where and how she wants to. She can warn her of the dangers but not restrict her.

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Quoting nolongermstkn:

I absolutely agree, but I will say if I were there and she were smoking around O2, and I advised her not too, I would have gotten out of dodge!!

Roxann

"A word to the wise ain't necessary It's the stupid ones that need the advice."  Bill Cosby

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM

THey both sould have known better, the aide should get in trouble maybe even lose her job.. she knew what could happen and she let her client smoke.. and well lost her house... NOT GOOD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN