Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What age is appropriate to leave your child in front of the TV so you can take a nap?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
I was exhausted. I left my 2.5 and 6 year old in the living room with a movie so that I could take a nap. I woke up to about half a box of Cheerios spread across the entire living room. And of course they kept coming in and out of my room, which is directly next to the LR. I felt bad but I was SO tired. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cunning.stunt
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I will put a movie on for my 2 year old and lay in bed next to her and shut my bedroom door and doze off for a few minutes at a time if I am in desperate need of a little cat nap.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Depends on how well you can baby proof.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Sounds ideal. I only have one TV. :/ I also rarely let them watch TV. so I use it to my advantage sometimes. So that's why we only have one. :/

Quoting cunning.stunt:

I will put a movie on for my 2 year old and lay in bed next to her and shut my bedroom door and doze off for a few minutes at a time if I am in desperate need of a little cat nap.
IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I've done it before.  Tell my kids, "when the movie is over, wake me up"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
When my youngest was 2 there would be food everywhere after my naps too! Lol. Now he's 3 & he just tears up his bed. Sometimes I let him play his tablet & he's fine. We have to get our rest too!
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Same age that you would leave them home alone. It doesn't matter that you are in the house, if you are sleeping, you aren't supervising them, they might as well be home alone. No way in heck would I leave a two and six year old watching a movie while I took a nap, thats how to end up with those stories about kids walking out of the house and wandering into the street or a pond.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I do it occasionally but i lay on the couch in the living room with them. The older two are 7 and 10. My youngest is 3 1/2 and she usually sits at my feet playing a video game or watching cartoons. I sleep really lightly, plus she likes to ask me questions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bump
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM
My living room is the most baby proofed room in the house, so when it was needed I'd put the gate up, pop in a movie and snooze on the couch. I also made sure they went to the bathroom and snacks were available.
JCSmommy2
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I put my son in his high chair and lay down on the couch some mornings when im really tired he drinks his milk.. Eats his cherios and watches mickey.. Hes 15 months. I dont do it for a long amount of time bc I dont want him to watch too much tv, but if im exhausted I will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)