Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my parents are ANGRY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Alrighty, so my parents are angry because df will not move with dd and I.

Dd is 4. I started dating df when dd was 12 months old. He became dds father. Biodad is 100% not in the picture. Biodad has never met her (his wishes.)

Since day 1 I told df that dd will be attending this school. But since it was awhile before she started dd and I moved to the city. Df moved in shortly after. Now for the past year I have been telling df that dd will still be going to this school. I reminded him that we will be moving. Come September she will start school.

So instead of being calm about it df exploads. Says he has a job. I remind him that he's out of a job July 1st at his current store but they can transfer him. And what do you know? Another store is in the town dds school is in!

Df starts coming out with excuses as to why we can't move. First it was money. I told him the new place is a lot cheaper than our current one. Then it was he just didn't want to leave the city. When I asked why he couldn't say why. Then it became about his father. Df only calls his dad when he NEEDS something. I told him his father is free to visit anytime and my patents go to the city nearly everyday so they could even drive him.

Now its just 'I DON'T WANT TO '

My parents are angry because they feel that df is just ditching dd and I. That df isn't helping with any hills. He is going to LIVE WITH HIS FATHER. he said he only has his cell to pay. After months of arguing I let it go. I told him that I was sorry but dd needs this school, rent is cheap, and my school as well as work is right there!

He called me SELFISH! Said that it hurts that I 'pick dd over him.'

I couldn't believe it when he called me SELFISH! At Christmas he borrowed $600 from his mother (his parents are split and he's an only child) for a new phone! Nothing was wrong with his old one. It wasn't even a year old yet! Then he borrowed $500 from his father to pay to cancel his other phone! I couldn't believe it!

So I told my parents that I was done fighting with him and I will not beg, cry or get hurt over the fact that my FIANCE refuses to move 45 minutes away from the city.

No I told df that if the relationship dies it is his fault because I am TRYING. but I can not make someone do something they just don't want to do.

Where we go from here? I don't know... My parents are just so angry and HURT that my df would do this. They just keep telling me to break it off. That I flushed 3 years with this guy that refuses to think of others but only himself. I feel so lost. I feel like I let my walls down and now I'm getting the bricks thrown at me...

Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
: ( I'm sorry, big hugs!!
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
What's so important about this school?
victoriangavin
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have taken my child and left right then and there when he said you are suppose to choose him over your child. That is the line with me and in the long run it will only get worse
villagemamma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Good for you. I would probably do the same thing. Your putting your childs education first and you told him about it from the get go. If he wants to be a prick about it now than good riddance.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like he doesn't want to be married and doesn't want to move.  I think you need to find someone more mature than a man-child who runs home to daddy to get his way.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
So leave him. What's so hard obviously he doesn't want to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
... Dump him, move and tell your parents to mind their own business.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM

listen to your parents.hes mad cause your kid comes first?not a good sign.move on..

ACDC_fan
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

UM, DAMN RIGHT YOU CHOSE YOUR DAUGHTER'S NEEDS OVER HIM.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I think your parents are right. You should "put your daughter first" as it is obvious this chap won't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)