Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gallbladder pain / problems. Give me your input!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I've had problems one & off since 2009 w/ right side pain. An ultrasound, stomach scope & HIDA scan show things are normal (2009). I've continued to have pain which isn't normal to me but have never pinpointed it to food. After 3 weeks of side pain & it being different this time than times in the past (moving into my back and up under my armpit) I went in. She highly suspects my gallbladder. Bloodwork has come back normal & perfect. I go for an ultrasound Tuesday.
Any advice or input? Id like to rule out other organs & pinpoint the gallbladder. If it is the gallbladder and since I'm not doubling over in pain can I put off removal?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AprilDJC
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Eliminate dairy and eat low fat foods. If the pain goes away it's likely associated with gallbladder. That's what mine was.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

When I had gallbladder pain it shot through my lower belly and lower back. 

If it IS your gallbladder and you put off removal, a stone could lodge in your pancreas. It happened to me. It wasn't fun. The doctor put off removal.

Momto8kidsyay
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
My dd had the same thing. They couldn't prove it was gallbladder so they wouldn't remove it. She had it come back after three yrs and this time the hida wasn't normal. It's finally out and she's better. No fun. Lots of ER trips and horrible pain.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM

If it's the gall bladder and you're having some attacks, from what I understand you don't really want to put off removal because if a gall stone gets stuck in the bile duct or just irritates the lining of the gall bladder enough to cause inflammation you can get sepsis.

I know some say they drink something and "cure" themselves, my doctors have never heard of this. but who's to say it doesn't work.

Good luck

AprilDJC
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
And I never had mine removed. No stones, nothing severe so no removal since it got better with dietary changes. Good luck!
Schizomom91
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM
I have had gallstones since '09... never bothered me... they are appx the size of a dime last I checked
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Thanks! I feel like I eat pretty decent & continue to work on losing weight. I checked a list and see dairy & fruit aren't recommended! I love my AM smoothies full of fresh fruit & spinach!
earthsangel2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:48 AM

If it's your gallbladder, get rid of your fatty foods. I was pregnant when mine started acting up, so it felt like I was having major anxiety attacks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I started having gall bladder attacks when I was 13 but no one could figure out what was going on. I'd go to the doctor and ER constantly but still, it was a mystery.  Finally, when I was 19....I went to the ER with an attack and made them do an ultrasound right away and it was my gall bladder.  No stones, just very inflamed.  I had it removed.  If you start having pain, go in right away to be examined.  It was really hard to get my issue discovered and resolved.

cornillia2013
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Here's the thing. ......even if u have gall stones and u get rid of the fatty foods,its still gonna hurt cuz it did for me. I had attacks n to think I only had 1 gallstone in there causing all that pain. Go to another doctor. I got my gallbladder removed in 2010. Only thing that sucks is u will get the runs if u eat any greasy foods cuz I do and I've had probs w the runs all my life so its a part of my life now. See when I first started experiencing pains,the doc I had said o its gas take runs...I did....didn't help. Went to a different doc,they did an ultra sound n found I had gallstones. So yea it depends on the doctor. Good luck hun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)