Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"What good are you if you can't even watch a couple of kids in a grocery store?!"

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 391 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yesterday I had my kids (ages 5 &9 both step), my nephew(7), and my SD's 3 friends all day (9,9,11).  I took them swimming, mini golfing, and out to lunch.  Then we came back to our house for a little while and I took the girls home.  DH insisted that My nephew and kids ride with me to take the girls home.  Fine. No biggie. 

Well we get home and DH tells me he wants me to make something specific for dinner.  I tell him well, DH, I'm pretty exhausted. Can we just go out and get something out? My treat? 

No. He really doesn't want to go out, so couldn't I just make what he asked me to.

Sure. I don't mind that much, it's not that difficult to cook supper.   So, I tell him well I have to go to the store to pick up a few things we're out of if that's what he wants. Yes, I'm half hoping he'll change his mind, but it's cool if he doesn't.   DH says that's fine, he doesn't mind waiting. 

So I get shoes on and go find my pocket book and get ready to go. 

DH says "Hey, where are the kids?" I tell him they're upstairs playing.  "Well I can't watch all 3 of them" He says. 

I offer to take my nephew to the store with me.   NO! He gets all upset. "You expect me to watch both kids while you only have one?"

So I tell him they're good kids, and they are HIS kids.  It won't hurt him to be at home with them for 20 minutes while I run to the store. No they don't have to be watched. Just, keep an ear out in case someone starts screaming bloody murder.  Chances are they won't even come out of their rooms until I get home.

OH no.  He CAN NOT be left at home with them. Watching 2 kids at a time is too much. He's better one-on-one.

We argue about it a bit and he says "What good are you if you can't even watch a couple of kids in a grocery store! I'm glad I told you I'd never give you a child! You obviously can't handle it."

I said something like, "Well OBVIOUSLY I already DO have a child, because you're the biggest toddler I've ever met."   And I packed up all 3 kids and took them to the grocery stroe with me. I could have been home in the time it took to argue about the whole thing. 

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM
52 moms liked this
Why do people put up with men like this?

Are the kids his or not?
Modernmayhem
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this
Wow what an asshole... Thats all I have to say
zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Why do people put up with men like this?

Are the kids his or not?

I think they are her step kids?

-"In a mirror we find a reflection of our appearance, but in heart we find reflection of our souls"

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
6 moms liked this
That's ridiculous!! What a sad excuse for a man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
48 moms liked this

...and got takeout for yourself and kids and left him with PBJ.

Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Wow!
Bekki
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM
25 moms liked this

And that butthead would be microwaving himself a hotdog for dinner. Why didn't you just say, "Fine, you can't watch them? Guess you're not getting dinner." Simple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this

He just wanted time to jack-off

quinnsmom715
by Donna on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

is he always an idiot?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:56 AM
5 moms liked this
I would have shot back with, "well you obviously aren't good for wating them, how f-ing lazy" and then told him to go to the damn store himself to get the things HE wanted so bad and why the f couldn't he offer to go if he was such a whiney f-ing baby about not wanting to be with the kids.

oh but the answer's clear- he's just a lazy, f-ing asshole who is a controlling, lazy, dickhead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN