Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate when I see mothers doing this!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Laying a baby down with a bottle, propping the bottle on the baby while the baby is laying on the bed, floor, wherever. THEN complain about the baby having bad double ear infections. THERE'S REASON FOR THAT!!

If you're going to bottle feed, fine, go ahead, I did. I never once laid my son down with it, and he has never had an ear infection.
You can prevent your child's pain by holding them upright while feeding them.
You *ones who lay babies down with bottles* are the reason people call bottle feeding mothers lazy, other than that, bottle feeding is harder, IMHO. Washing a bottle, getting water temp perfect, measuring water, opening formula, measuring out formula.. All with a screaming hungry baby.

*EBF moms, please don't call me a bad mother, I had reasons I had to stop BF*
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM

The only reason my son ever got laid down with a bottle was he wouldn't sleep more than 2 hours until 6 months old. No one in the house was getting ANY sleep as a result. He woke up every 1 to 2 hours and I couldn't even stay awake during the day. He's 18 months now & STILL won't sleep through the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I don't care
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Does this rant apply if the baby can hold his/her bottle?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Please I've proped bottles up I've breastfed....all my kids are fine
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I never agreed with bottle propping either, it scares me. I don't judge someone and say "what a shit mom" it just scares me thinking the baby could choke if the milk came out faster and they didn't expect it because they were falling asleep or something. I never did it, I just sucked it up and held him while feeding until he was old enough to hold it himself. That's my reasoning.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

It seems awfully hypocritical to go off on a judgemental rant about women propping their babies' bottles, and then ask other people not to call you a bad mother. Yes, bottle propping as a habit is not a good idea. But I'll freely admit to havin done it a couple of times while I did something else of equal importance to feeding baby. And he was never laying down flat. I've never seen someone prop a baby's bottle while the baby laid flat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I didn't do this and don't think I know anyone who did.  It's a well known fact it's a bad thing to do and all the "stfu" replies are astounding.  I can't imagine the idiocy of defending it, let alone doing it, and it looks like a lot of people do it.  Ridiculous.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I held my baby to feed her
.then started to teach her to hold it. Once she knew how i let her do it but would still snuggle and hold her well she ate sometimes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Well there are certain situations where a mom may need to feed baby but is also in the middle of doing something else. Maybe she is in the middle of making food for other kids, or if there are multiple babies and she just wants the baby to stop crying and get fed until she can pick baby up.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

There are pros and cons to breastfeeding and bottlefeeding.

Anyway, it is bad to bottle prop. I don't know why moms don't want to take advantage of those moments to cuddle their babies and lovingly meet their needs anyway. Feeding my baby is a pleasurable experience for me and you those moments don't last forever.

07lilmama1108
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I ff dd from the start, never tried bfing. I NEVER propped a bottle, I'm not ok with that at all!! They need the closeness, comfort, warmth and security. My mil and dh tried propping the bottle and I'd walk over, pick her up and feed her. Dh deployed shortly after she was born.
I bf ds, he never had a formula. I don't care how people choose to feed their babies, but propping a bottle is something I can't personally handle. Of course, I'm not going to loose sleep over someone else propping a bottle for their baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)